Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tower of Babel
RE: The Tower of Babel
With the help of a tripod crane, a steel winch roller, and a tractor trailer..yes......or, you know, maybe he just had all of that laying around but decided to float them there with interdimensional pyramid magic..when no one was looking.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Huggy hates facts the way a vampire hates sunlight!

Stay stupid, Huggy.  We love you that way.
I already knew that...but it completely escapes me why he'd fall on this sword. I have a theory of my own...it;s a simple one. He conflated his mysteries. Confusing our poor knowledge of how egyptians moved the blocks with a poor knowledge of how a man in the 20th century moved them. Egyptians, obviously..didn't have cranes and trucks. OFC, I might wanna run that by Huggy..maybe he thinks they did.

(August 14, 2018 at 3:14 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: [Image: gc56gq3f_400x400.jpg]

Quote:Ed spent the next three years moving the Coral Castle structures he had already begun to build from Florida City to Homestead, a distance of 10 miles.

How did Ed move all these carvings a distance of 10 miles? Ed had the chassis of an old Republic truck on which he laid two rails. He had a friend with a tractor move the loaded trailer from Florida City to Homestead.
https://coralcastle.com/whos-ed/

How would they know..though, right? Jerkoff

Are you well and truly finished?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 14, 2018 at 3:18 pm)Khemikal Wrote: With the help of a tripod crane, a steel winch roller, and a tractor trailer..yes......or, you know, maybe he just had all of that laying around but decided to float them there with interdimensional pyramid magic..when no one was looking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle
Quote:Coral Castle remains a popular tourist attraction. Books, magazines, and television programs speculate about how Leedskalnin was able to construct the structure and move stones that weigh many tons. Claims that nobody had ever seen Leedskalnin at work and that he levitated his stones have been repudiated. Orval Irwin reportedly witnessed him quarry his stones and erect parts of his wall, and illustrated the methods in his book Mr. Can't Is Dead. The Nemith Film Collection produced a short film documentary in 1944 of him at work. Coral Castle's website states that, "If anyone ever questioned Ed about how he moved the blocks of coral, Ed would only reply that he understood the laws of weight and leverage well." He also stated that he had "discovered the secrets of the pyramids", referring to the Great Pyramid of Giza

But, apparently Khemika has it all figured out, why didn't anyone else think of a tractor trailer.

Thinking

Oh, maybe because it was the 1920's?
(August 14, 2018 at 7:32 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Did I mention Sunday assembly...

[Image: sunnn.jpg?w968]

What horror film is that from? I don't recognise it, but it looks creepy.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 14, 2018 at 3:31 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: But, apparently Khemika has it all figured out, why didn't anyone else think of a tractor trailer.

Thinking

Oh, maybe because it was the 1920's?

1936 when he began to move them, actually....didn't finish until 1940. I'm hardly the first person to think of a tractor trailer...that was Ed's idea..after all.....

Quote:Ed moved to Florida in 1918 and lived in Florida City until about 1936. Ed was a very private person and when he heard about a planned subdivision being built near him he decided to move to Homestead and in 1936 bought 10 acres of land.

-
Quote:Many people saw the coral carvings being moved along the Dixie Highway, but no one actually ever saw Ed loading or unloading the trailer. Ed did much of his work at night by lantern light and to help protect his privacy, he built numerous “lookouts” along the Castle walls.

In 1940, after the carvings were in place, Ed finished erecting the walls. The coral walls weigh 125 pounds per cubic foot. Each section of wall is 8 feet tall, 4 feet wide, 3 feet thick, and weighs more than 5.8 tons!

Anything else?
(August 14, 2018 at 3:21 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I already knew that...but it completely escapes me why he'd fall on this sword.  I have a theory of my own...it;s a simple one.  He conflated his mysteries.  Confusing our poor knowledge of how egyptians moved the blocks with a poor knowledge of how a man in the 20th century moved them.  Egyptians, obviously..didn't have cranes and trucks.  OFC, I might wanna run that by Huggy..maybe he thinks they did.

(August 14, 2018 at 3:14 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: [Image: gc56gq3f_400x400.jpg]

Quote:Ed spent the next three years moving the Coral Castle structures he had already begun to build from Florida City to Homestead, a distance of 10 miles.

How did Ed move all these carvings a distance of 10 miles? Ed had the chassis of an old Republic truck on which he laid two rails. He had a friend with a tractor move the loaded trailer from Florida City to Homestead.

How would they know..though, right?  Jerkoff

Are you well and truly finished?
Let's see...

CHASSIS of a truck on RAILS, so you saying he also built a 10 mile railroad?

from your own source.

Quote:When questioned about how he moved the blocks of coral, Ed would only reply that he understood the laws of weight and leverage well. This man with only a fourth grade education even built an AC current generator, the remains of which are on display today. Because there are no records from witnesses his methods continue to baffle engineers and scientists, and Ed’s secrets of construction have often been compared to Stonehenge and the great pyramids.
Holy shit Huggy..are you now wondering how trailers work.......?  He used the rails so that he could lay his tackle under the blocks. You just watched a video of him moving and lifting stones.

Did it never even occur to you, for as long as you've believed whatever crazy shit you were imagining..to look up the coral castle museums website?

...and as to his 4th grade education..that's true..but it's also true that his family were masons and he worked in logging when he reached n. america.  IOW, making winches out of logs and cutting rocks were well within his wheelhouse. He did make a working gen..but he also published and sold pamphlets that demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that he had no fucking clue how electricity or magnetism actually worked. Sort of like how my son can make a paper plane..but can't explain the mechanics of flight.

Now..I don't hold it against a tourist attraction to do a little fluffing..but at some point...you're going to need to come down out of the clouds on this one. You're asking us to consider that..even though we have pictures and a film of the man using the tools we know he possessed..which are still on site at the museum..and even though we know it can be done without those tools by hand....and despite people watching him transport his stones by flatbed over the course of three years......that when no one was looking...he did it some Other™ way...and apparently did it again.."overnight"....and that all of this is...somehow, a comment on the construction of the pyramids and some lost ancient tech or secret.....

How can that make sense..even to you?

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
LOL.  The Huggster is either melting down because this was important to him and he cant work his way around the fact that whatever information he recieved was fraudulent in every particular..or he's just an asshole.  

I guess a person doesn't have to choose between the two....but meh.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tower of Bible and creation of languages mcolafson 41 6275 September 22, 2016 at 9:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The tower of babel dyresand 20 4853 September 9, 2015 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  CHRISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN "tower of babel" truthBtold 40 10711 January 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  As a christian, how did you handle the problems with the Tower of Babel? Brakeman 51 18876 November 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Punished for Babel? Foxaèr 102 24203 July 19, 2013 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why did God divide the people of Babel? Greatest I am 50 8271 October 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger