Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
Having one of those days when Tylenol, tramadol, and weed just isn't cutting it for pain relief.

Trying to not get my hopes up that something helpful will be learned from some recent tests.

One of those days.
I just found out my mother had a stroke. She fell down a broke 2 ribs a few days ago, and it seems that was a possible precursor symptom (the falling). I'm going back up to the hospital tomorrow, but I'm scared to death and honestly, just all over the place emotionally. She's alive, she can talk and think still (it appears to have been a left hemisphere stroke, her right side is mostly paralyzed, but her speech and thinking seem mostly unimpaired except for a slur from the paralysis).

I don't know how I'll take care of her, though. She lives with her sister, and her sister can't handle this. I don't want her to have to go to some kind of home, but we have no room or money to move her in here. My brother is a truck driver, he can't take her in. My father and her have been separated for 25 years. he's helping as much as he can, considering they aren't together anymore, but he can't do much except continue to provide her health insurance, for which I'm eternally grateful that he stayed married to her just so she could have that, but ahhh. I don't know what to do.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
((((Aroura))))

I hope she's able to recover from it. I wish I had good advice for her housing situation, but alas I don't. My thoughts go out to you.

Wish I could smoke from time to time (legally). Haven't in years and years and years.
The wheels of progress turn slowly in the Commonwealth.
[Image: 961c867db3e4969ab124decfab0f78b72a79d18d...5c5f49.jpg]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 14, 2016 at 12:31 am)Thena323 Wrote: Wish I could smoke from time to time (legally). Haven't in years and years and years.

Well medical use is legal i can technically get it.  A lot of people here are going to complain about
"back" problems and needing "herbal" means of getting better.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Awesome, but tired.
Aroura, my thoughts go out to you and your mom. If you want to spend with me later on sunday, I will be around. I can relate as my father had so many strokes and mini strokes that we lost count. I'm here if you want to talk. Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 14, 2016 at 2:24 am)dyresand Wrote:
(February 14, 2016 at 12:31 am)Thena323 Wrote: Wish I could smoke from time to time (legally). Haven't in years and years and years.

Well medical use is legal i can technically get it.  A lot of people here are going to complain about
"back" problems and needing "herbal" means of getting better.

Yeah, before it became completely legal here, I could have got a medical card. Thing is, it requires a consult that my insurance would not pay for to the tune of $400. Quite a racket. Since simple possession here used to be a slap in the wrist infraction similar to parking ticket, I never bothered.
(February 14, 2016 at 2:49 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Aroura, my thoughts go out to you and your mom. If you want to spend with me later on sunday, I will be around. I can relate as my father had so many strokes and mini strokes that we lost count. I'm here if you want to talk. Heart

Thanks Judi, I appreciate it.  This is my moms second, the first one was a while ago and very minor, this one appears to be much more severe, though not massive.
I'm trying to just stay calm, but honestly, i'm terrified she's going to have another one and die before I get there tomorrow.  I'm fine for an hour, then I just start crying.  I hope I can sleep well enough.  But my husband says he can drive us, I'm so appreciative of that too.  He's very busy, but he's been hugging me every time we pass each other today.  I'm just sort of rambling, lol.

I'll keep in touch tomorrow. My mom's very strong willed, I hope that actually makes a difference for her.  She's just been so depressed lately, so that worries me, too.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 318 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 707 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 657 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1496 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12662 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 827 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2829 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8548 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6336 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet