Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 22, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him
RE: God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him
(April 15, 2016 at 5:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(April 15, 2016 at 5:27 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: EXHIBIT A:

[Image: bible1.jpg]

That's all you got? Seeing how none of you can say for a fact God doesn't exist, you'd better come with something better than that.

Actually, that's not true. The god of the Bible does not and cannot exist for the same reason square circles cannot exist. A thing that actually exists cannot have mutually exclusive properties. Just like a shape cannot simultaneously have four corners and no corners, your god cannot be all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful and still be responsible for the Universe we observe.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(April 11, 2016 at 5:28 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Leviticus 21:16-24 lists flat noses right up there with blindness, the scurvy, and other disabilities that disqualify people from serving in the temple.

Even though at the time, I was no longer a Christian, I was broken hearted to read 2 Samuel 5:8 where king David goes so far as to put a price on the head of the blind and lame, claiming that he hates them to his soul. This is not spiritual blindness he is talking about because Jesus told the Jews that if they were spiritually blind they would have no sin (Matthew 27:46). That's weird that even though I no longer believed in god, it still hurt to know how much he hates me when all my life I've been told that he loves me. When I tried to talk to some Christians about this, they jumped on me with both feet.

I would say your title is misleading, and you should read a little more context in 2 Samuel
(April 15, 2016 at 10:35 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Who's the bigger idiot - the person not intimately familiar with bee reproduction (of all things), or the person so desperate to prove strangers wrong on the internet that he quote mines something from two years ago (that's also off-topic) in order to prove his asinine point?

Who did I quote out of context?
(April 11, 2016 at 5:28 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Leviticus 21:16-24 lists flat noses right up there with blindness, the scurvy, and other disabilities that disqualify people from serving in the temple.

Even though at the time, I was no longer a Christian, I was broken hearted to read 2 Samuel 5:8 where king David goes so far as to put a price on the head of the blind and lame, claiming that he hates them to his soul.  This is not spiritual blindness he is talking about because Jesus told the Jews that if they were spiritually blind they would have no sin (Matthew 27:46).  That's weird that even though I no longer believed in god, it still hurt to know how much he hates me when all my life I've been told that he loves me. When I tried to talk to some Christians about this, they jumped on me with both feet.

Poor poor pitiful you.

You don't seem to get, that this list only Spoke to the levitates (those born in the family of Levi) Meaning one had to have been born of a priestly bloodline even before anything on this list was a consideration. (Meaning God didn't want you serving him as an OT Jew 10xs over before this list even applies)

Being a levite would most likely have manifested itself in certain physical traits, being only a few hundred years removed from levi. In the time of Moses having a 'flat nose' meant you had too much egyptian in your bloodline even if you were born a jew. Which was fine for everyother aspect of OT Jewish life, but apparently God did not want the 'flat nosed people' near the temple gold Big Grin (or really anything else holy.)
(April 16, 2016 at 11:14 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(April 15, 2016 at 10:35 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Who's the bigger idiot - the person not intimately familiar with bee reproduction (of all things), or the person so desperate to prove strangers wrong on the internet that he quote mines something from two years ago (that's also off-topic) in order to prove his asinine point?

Who did I quote out of context?

I didn't say out of context, I said off-topic.  You trying to have a dick waving competition with people here has nothing to do with Rhonda's objection to that Leviticus verse.  It's just your typical "Herp derp, here's something from the past that I'm going to bring up again because I can't let anything go!" BS that only serves to prove that while you, occasionally, may be technically correct about some detail or another (which doesn't usually dismantle the overall point the other person is trying to make), you suck at, you know, basic human interaction.

Do you do this kind of shit to your wife?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(April 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Drich Wrote:

Even though at the time, I was no longer a Christian, I was broken hearted to read 2 Samuel 5:8 where king David goes so far as to put a price on the head of the blind and lame, claiming that he hates them to his soul.  This is not spiritual blindness he is talking about because Jesus told the Jews that if they were spiritually blind they would have no sin (Matthew 27:46).  That's weird that even though I no longer believed in god, it still hurt to know how much he hates me when all my life I've been told that he loves me. When I tried to talk to some Christians about this, they jumped on me with both feet.

Poor poor pitiful you.

You don't seem to get, that this list only Spoke to the levitates (those born in the family of Levi) Meaning one had to have been born of a priestly bloodline even before anything on this list was a consideration. (Meaning God didn't want you serving him as an OT Jew 10xs over before this list even applies)

Being a levite would most likely have manifested itself in certain physical traits, being only a few hundred years removed from levi. In the time of Moses having a 'flat nose' meant you had too much egyptian in your bloodline even if you were born a jew. Which was fine for everyother aspect of OT Jewish life, but apparently God did not want the 'flat nosed people' near the temple gold Big Grin (or really anything else holy.)

Um, bullshit. Utter bullshit. It was a set of rules to the Levites, yes, but it regarded who was entitled to enter the Temple. 

Your little Pulled Out of the Ass™ explanation doesn't cover why the same list would include flat noses AND people with hunchbacks and other deformities or handicaps. The simpler explanation is that the Levite priests who wrote the rules thought that just as animals without blemish could be used in sacrifice, that similar purity was expected in the physical form of the worshipers. Or maybe they just didn't want to have to deal with the sight of them.

But to focus on just the nose thing, pull an "Egyptians Unwelcome" explanation out of thin air, and ignore the rest of her list while calling her pitiful is... well, pitiful.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Is this where the "I got your nose" game came from? My family was subconsciously teaching me that I was not worthy as a child? Always thought they were a little twisted.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 16, 2016 at 1:02 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(April 16, 2016 at 11:14 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Who did I quote out of context?

I didn't say out of context, I said off-topic.

Here's what you said.

*emphasis mine*

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quote_mining
Quote:Quote mining (also contextomy) is the fallacious tactic of taking quotes out of context in order to make them seemingly agree with the quote miner's viewpoint or to make the comments of an opponent seem more extreme or hold positions they don't in order to make their positions easier to refute or demonize. It's a way of lying.
*emphasis mine*

(April 16, 2016 at 1:02 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: You trying to have a dick waving competition with people here has nothing to do with Rhonda's objection to that Leviticus verse.
I already addressed the subject of this thread, in case you missed it, that verse was in reference to the Levitical priesthood, which no longer exists. Women couldn't be priests anyway; so there is nothing else to discuss on that matter.

(April 16, 2016 at 1:02 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: It's just your typical "Herp derp, here's something from the past that I'm going to bring up again because I can't let anything go!" BS that only serves to prove that while you, occasionally, may be technically correct about some detail or another (which doesn't usually dismantle the overall point the other person is trying to make), you suck at, you know, basic human interaction.

Do you do this kind of shit to your wife?

I find it amusing how much that seems to annoy you. I used spoiler tags so you literally had to click on it in order to see it... So basically you're annoying yourself in that regard.

I'd say that the facts I provide almost always dismantles the point the other person is trying to make. For example, stating that bees require two parents is false, and bringing up the fact that they don't kind of dismantles that point.
Just re-opened this thread. Realized I've lost the train of discussion, and don't care enough to find out.

[Image: 24225821.jpg]
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him
(April 16, 2016 at 2:46 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Just re-opened this thread. Realized I've lost the train of discussion, and don't care enough to find out.

[Image: 24225821.jpg]

Drich was just vomiting up some ad hoc garbage excuse for why God doesn't like people with deformities. You aren't missing much. [emoji12]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 390 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 578 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 2047 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2676 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1578 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5610 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 68685 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  And God Said Minimalist 24 3538 October 20, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3147 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2753 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus