Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 2:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
(May 19, 2016 at 12:40 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I cannot speak for the show, since it seems to be going in its own direction, but G.R.R. Martin made a promise to his wife that one character he would never kill off was Arya.

Anyone happen to know what Grrrr's relationship to that wife is now?  It may determine whether Arya is the last standing or the next to go.
I really need to start watching this show.
(May 19, 2016 at 12:40 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I cannot speak for the show, since it seems to be going in its own direction, but G.R.R. Martin made a promise to his wife that one character he would never kill off was Arya.

Source?
HBO Doesn't care. HBO Kills characters before he killed them.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(May 19, 2016 at 9:42 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I really need to start watching this show.

It's definitely going to be on this year's final exam.
By the way - what the f*ck is Littlefinger doing? First - after all the effort to get Sansa out of King's Landing and convincing the lords of The Veil to protect her after Lysa's death - he gives her to Bolton's diabolical bastard of a bastard, for no apparent reason. And now - he's scheming in order to get Knights of the Veil to save her from her psychotic husband? Is he scheming just for the sake of it?

Seriously, what was that marriage supposed to accomplish, in the first place? Except putting the heir to Winterfell in the hands of a guy, who hunts and flails women for fun. And perhaps informing the entire Westeros of the whereabouts of a fugitive, suspected of participation in king Joffrey's murder? Because - since marriage with Sansa was supposed to give legitimacy to Bolton's rule over the North - they obviously didn't keep it a secret. It's a wonder, that no one in King's Landing thought to send some men to Winterfell, to at least question, if not outright detain her. Oh, well - since Tyrion was tried and convicted of the murder and then murdered his father and disappeared, escaping his punishment - I guess Cersei and the rest of Lanisters decided that it's all water under the bridge now... And they're not even a little curious, who helped her escape and arranged the marriage behind their backs...

I understand the show creators didn't believe viewers could comprehend the "fake Aria" plot and they REALLY wanted to show someone important being raped by Ramsey, but for f*ck's sake - do they even think about how little sense some of this sh*t makes?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
The whole point was for the news to get out. He's playing both sides, on purpose. Sansa is a pawn, but she is too important for Ramsay to kill, even Ramsay knows that. Kill the "last remaining" Stark, and the legitimacy of the Bolton's hold on the North and Winterfell diminishes significantly.

Remember, the amount of time that has passed since he dropped Sansa in Winterfell is pretty miniscule. It's been more than a year for us, but for them it's been just enough time for Baelish to go back to the Vale and mount up the Lords Declarant. All of this was on purpose. I am not sure what his final aim is, but considering he thinks Jon the bastard is the lifelong Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, I'd imagine that he'll ride in, slay the Boltons, free the North from their psychopath oppressors, and win Sansa's heart and become Warden of the North and the Eyrie at the same time. He loves them Tullys, and Sansa is a spitting image of Catelyn in her younger years, it is said.

The Lannisters have more important things on their plates right now, and don't have the army anyway to be traipsing through the snow in order to attack Winterfell, one of the strongest castles in all of Westeros. Even if they'd be talking about it, there's little they could realistically do right now, and their eyes are on the Faith Militant.

I agree on the fake Arya plot, that's too complicated to insert Jeyne Poole into Winterfell and expect the audience to keep that in mind amongst the thousand other things.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
[Image: daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-291...info&w=600]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's a thing!!!
http://time.com/4342359/game-of-thrones-...ance-real/

"
But it wasn’t until Thursday morning that the episode’s director, Dan Sackheim, confirmed the love was real — well, at least for Tormund.

“I wasn’t even sure that when I delivered the episode it was really clear,” Sackheim told TVGuide.com. “It was like a fun little bit, but I wasn’t sure it was really clear that he had these amorous feelings for Brienne. I’m always amazed what fans pick up. I think it was fairly one-sided, but that’s OK. There’s nothing like a challenge. Men love a challenge.”
"
(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The whole point was for the news to get out.

And what is that supposed to accomplish? And why bother with turning Sansa into Alaine and hiding her in the Veil, if he was going to just let everyone know who and where she is?

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: He's playing both sides, on purpose.

Yes, I think everyone is aware of that at this point - the viewers, I mean. I still don't see the purpose of this particular move.

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Sansa is a pawn, but she is too important for Ramsay to kill, even Ramsay knows that.

No, she's only important until she gives Boltons an heir - and even Littlefinger knows that. He also knows, that Roose Bolton has a young wife and is likely to produce an heir of his own, which may change the Bolton line of succession/inheritance. A man as cunning as Baelish should know better, than to rely on a notorious unpredictable psychopath, like Ramsey - unless he knows nothing about him, which is also difficult to believe.

And let's not forget, that while Sansa may be a pawn - she's more than that, she's all that Littlefinger has left of Catelyn. And she also knows he killed Lysa, which information she may share with Boltons, during one of the rape/torture sessions. All in all - seems like a dumb thing to do, letting her out of his hands.

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Kill the "last remaining" Stark, and the legitimacy of the Bolton's hold on the North and Winterfell diminishes significantly.

Sure, but it's not really a deal-breaker. They've been holding Winterfell - without any Starks - since they took it off Greyjoy and nobody in the North as much as wrote a strongly worded letter about it. And once there are no more Starks - then someone will still need to be the Warden of the North and Roose was given that title by the King. If needed - they could try and arrange some marriage with a Karstark, or some other lesser house, which shares some blood with original lords of Winterfell. Or they still can produce a fake Aria...

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Remember, the amount of time that has passed since he dropped Sansa in Winterfell is pretty miniscule. It's been more than a year for us, but for them it's been just enough time for Baelish to go back to the Vale and mount up the Lords Declarant.

I don't think so. Roose and Fat Walda inform Ramsey of Walda's pregnancy shortly after Sansa arrived at Winterfell. And the child was born shortly after Sansa and Theon escaped - unless we're to believe, that Ramsey waited a few months, before sending the Pink Letter to Jon. I understand that Walda is fat, but I doubt she was 8 months into the pregnancy, when Roose decided to tell Ramsey about it (and don't get me started on why he did that...). So Sansa must have spent between 3 and 8 months with the psycho rapist.

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: All of this was on purpose. I am not sure what his final aim is, but considering he thinks Jon the bastard is the lifelong Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, I'd imagine that he'll ride in, slay the Boltons, free the North from their psychopath oppressors, and win Sansa's heart and become Warden of the North and the Eyrie at the same time. He loves them Tullys, and Sansa is a spitting image of Catelyn in her younger years, it is said.

Really? He believes she will love him, after he gave her to the Bastard? I may not fully understand what women want, but I'm pretty sure it's not THAT...

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The Lannisters have more important things on their plates right now, and don't have the army anyway to be traipsing through the snow in order to attack Winterfell, one of the strongest  castles in all of Westeros.

Who's talking about attacking Winterfell? Bolton is still their man - at least for the time being - and even if they are willing to let him have the last Stark, they would probably want to question her about her role in Joffrey's murder, because as it stands whoever orchestrated the whole thing - including Tyrion's escape - is still at large and potentially working against them. I understand they have other things on their plates, but it's not like they have to do it themselves - they are the royals, they have people to do this stuff. And anyway - dealing with multiple problems at once is what rulers are supposed to be doing.

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Even if they'd be talking about it, there's little they could realistically do right now, and their eyes are on the Faith Militant.

About which they have so far done literally nothing, until the most recent episode. And again - I'm pretty sure they could be dealing with more than one problem at once (although perhaps the viewers couldn't). At the very least they could ask Bolton to "interview" Sansa for them. She would still be able to give them an heir, with a few patches of skin missing and they would find out who arranged her escape and all sorts of other information, which could potentially bring Baelish down, after all the years of scheming. Not smart.

(May 19, 2016 at 10:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I agree on the fake Arya plot, that's too complicated to insert Jeyne Poole into Winterfell and expect the audience to keep that in mind amongst the thousand other things.

Then they should have just skipped the whole thing, instead of making a mummer's farce of both plots, imho. They only did it, because the audience seemed to enjoy Sansa being tortured by a psychopathic villain, so they decided to do the same thing again, for some - ever diminishing - shock value... What will they do with Sansa next? Marry her to a f-ing rabid bear? Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 359 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2624 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2936 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6253 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 67555 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1941 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3753 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1076 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 940 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5073 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda