Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Damned Muslims
RE: Damned Muslims
Among the many other good reasons for the U.S. to get its collective shit together on conservation and clean, sustainable energy is the possibility of some day telling the barbarous Saudis to go fuck themselves.

I hope to live long enough to see it.
I'm sure allah approves.  He's a dick, too.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bo...-1.2409299

Quote:Boko Haram suicide bombers kill at least 42 in blasts at mosques in Nigeria 

You know what, guys?  Stay the fuck out of those mosques.
Not so different from here, though.  Money talks.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/drug-smu...back-home/

Quote:Drug smuggling, rape and torture: These 5 Saudi royals all did things commoners would be executed for

I doubt that any heads will roll....literally or figuratively.
(October 28, 2010 at 3:06 am)Rayaan Wrote:
(October 20, 2010 at 10:03 pm)Skipper Wrote: I wont claim to be a expert on Islam scripture, but there are certainly violent and sickening passages that I have read. But so many of you claim it's  peaceful and not a violent religion, yet these passages exist and so many people, countries and communities (more than any other religion in recent history) have used Islam and by proxy Sharia to do evil and inhumane things in both the Islamic world and the Western world and  despite what some moderates (not enough if you ask me) may say to justify and defend the quaran, there has to be a point where Islam has to be told it can play no part in the developing world and it either has to change it's ways MASSIVELY or fuck right off.

I have read the Quran but I didn't find any such violent things in it which you are talking about.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the religious scriptures either, but I have read commentaries from scholars who studied the Quran in its original language (Arabic). After hearing their views, I didn't find any of them support the idea that the Quran allows evil things such as killing a group of people just because of their beliefs (in any part of the world). You'll find a better explanation of the actual meanings at this link. And those are the soundest interpretations according to the scholars of Islam. I have not seen anyone be able to prove that those interpretations are not correct.

There are also people who distort their own religion, intentionally, to make it fit with their own personal desires or to justify their actions, and those are the ones who are very likely to be disbelievers. They only act as if they believe but actually they are not believers. For example, I doubt if the man who killed his two daughters because of honor killing was a believer. If he was a true believer, then I don't think he would've done such a thing. There is simply nothing in Islam that gives us a permission to take the lives of our own children.

(October 20, 2010 at 10:03 pm)Skipper Wrote: At it's core, like all religion, it is evil, false and controlling but more so it is incompatible with what free countries promote...equality, tolerance, secular governments, free thinking, free choice, progressive education and peace. Honestly, if this comes across as a hate for Islam, thats for a reason, I do hate that religion more so than others, simply because it conflicts more so with the world I wish to live in than the other religions do. The world would be a better place without any religion, Islam would be the best starting point for that.

To you it is evil but not to me. Tongue

Yes, religions hinders free thinking and free choice. And it doesn't play any role in the developing world. But, that is not the purpose of religion, because it is not concerned about worldy things such as improving the standards of living or helping to solve the economic problems of the world. The purpose of religion is to prepare our souls for the afterlife, not this life which we are living right now. And it limits our freedom at the expense of giving us greater freedom in the afterlife. That's why, allowing free choice in this life is not an important thing when it comes to religion.  
Thank you for highlighting why atheists find religion to be of no use in a civilized world.
"I have read the Quran but I didn't find any such violent things in it which you are talking about."

Let's say (hypothetically) even if the Quran was a Gandhi-ite paragon of pacifism, which it isn't, that still doesn't change what's happening today.

This is another argument along the lines of trying to absolve Islam of any atrocities people do in the name of it. Like I said before, at this point I don't give a shit if ISIS, Saudi Arabia or the Islamic Republic of Iran are accurate representations of what is in the Quran, or whether you consider them Islamic or un-Islamic. The bottom line is that, whatever the fuck else they are, they're mindless crazed savage regimes which are downright evil incarnate. If you're not prepared, from any angle, to oppose that form of theocracy, then you're a disgrace to human logic and morality whatever religion you do or don't adhere to.

We spend so much time these days trying to debate whether things are Islamic or un-Islamic. It's irrelevant either way, whether it's Islamic or un-Islamic it's still a fucking human rights disgrace.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Gang Raped Saudi Woman Sentenced to 200 Lashes and Jail Term

A Shia woman was in the car of a student friend when 2 men got into the vehicle and drove them to a secluded area, where she was raped by 7 men. As per Saudi law, a male family member is supposed to accompany a woman at all hours in public. The victim was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for breaking this law but got 200 lashes for speaking about crime and indecency to the media.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/world/Ga...200457.ece

A husband and wife have been found guilty of plotting a terror attack in London ahead of the 10th anniversary of the 7 July bombings.

In one tweet, on 12 May 2015, he wrote: "Westfield shopping centre or London underground? Any advice would be appreciated greatly."
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35195311
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
ALL religions past and present are man made, and all claim to be patent holders on morality, and none of them are. Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is in our evolution. All nations friend and foe alike have hospitals and prisons. The only thing that can be argued about the current climate of the Middle East, is that it does have a big PR problem and has yet to escape it's own dark ages.
So, let's see....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35216215

Quote:US warns Saudi execution of Shia cleric Nimr could fuel tensions

Quote:In a statement, US state spokesman John Kirby appealed to Saudi Arabia's government to respect and protect human rights, and to ensure fair and transparent judicial proceedings.

Oh, dear.

"Respect and protect human rights...."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ma...-1.2483359

Quote:Coroner IDs man shot, killed after Las Vegas police mistake cell phone for gun

"fair and transparent judicial proceedings...."

http://nypost.com/2015/11/24/eric-garner...in-sealed/

Quote:Eric Garner’s grand jury records to remain sealed

"Mr Kirby also urged the Saudi government to permit peaceful expression of dissent "

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

You know what, 'murrica.  It might be time to shut our fucking mouths when it comes to telling other countries what to do.
Pray on your own time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../78199966/

Quote:About 190 workers, most of them immigrants from Somalia, have been fired from a Colorado meat-packing plant after walking off the job during a dispute over workplace prayer.

Quote:"Prayer is the first priority to every Muslim. We can sustain without a job, but we cannot sustain without prayer," according to Khader Ducal, who is assisting the Somali workers file for unemployment.

Well now you've got your wish.  Pray to allah with one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first.
A 15-year-old Pakistani boy cut off his own hand believing he had committed blasphemy, only to be celebrated by his parents and neighbours for the act, police told AFP Friday.

Local police chief Nausher Ahmed described how an imam told a gathering at a village mosque that those who love the Prophet Mohammad always say their prayers, then asked who among the crowd had stopped praying.

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistani-boy-cuts...48551.html

IRANIAN ACTRESS FORCED TO FLEE COUNTRY AFTER POSTING PHOTOS WITHOUT HER HIJAB

Actress Sadaf Taherian said that she was nervous about the backlash she could face for posing without a traditional Muslim head cover. But she had no idea leaders from her own country would condemn and attack her so viciously that she'd be forced to flee her home.

http://www.elle.com/culture/career-polit...her-hijab/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59893 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122468 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 311729 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22819 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45161 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4180 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2507 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am