Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Damned Muslims
RE: Damned Muslims
You mean like the Taliban deliberately demolishing statues of Buddha?
(January 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm)Zone Wrote: I wouldn't use them as representative of Islam. Or at any rate representative of 99% of Muslims you can debate whether Islam is actually a religion of the sword or not. I'm undecided on that but as long as the bulk of Muslims don't think it is.

If 99% of Muslims were truly against the things that Min is pointing out they could never happen. Maybe 1% of Muslims assaulted the women protesting against sexual harassment, but the other 99% stood by and watched them. These things couldn't happen without institutional support.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Where the hell are these statistics coming from?
(January 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Where the hell are these statistics coming from?

I was just replying to Zone, who was repeating that often deluded mantra of 'tolerance' that 99% of Muslims are peaceful, so it's not a problem with Islam. Bullshit! Those things couldn't happen without societal backing. A mob attacks a group of women peacefully protesting, and what does that 'peaceful' 99% do? Watch. Fuck Islam.
(January 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I was just replying to Zone, who was repeating that often deluded mantra of 'tolerance' that 99% of Muslims are peaceful, so it's not a problem with Islam. Bullshit! Those things couldn't happen without societal backing. A mob attacks a group of women peacefully protesting, and what does that 'peaceful' 99% do? Watch. Fuck Islam.

Yeah, I probably should have quoted his post but I was being lazy.
(January 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: If 99% of Muslims were truly against the things that Min is pointing out they could never happen. Maybe 1% of Muslims assaulted the women protesting against sexual harassment, but the other 99% stood by and watched them. These things couldn't happen without institutional support.

It's like saying we would never have violent crime if the bulk of society happened to be against that kind of thing. Most Muslims belong to the "nice and friendly" version of Islam. If you read books like this you will get a better idea of what they're about.

[Image: out-darkness-into-light-spiritual-guidan...er-art.jpg]
Here is an interesting statistic, 8/10 currently ongoing wars in the world involve Muslims. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ong..._conflicts

The things Min is pointing out is totally different than violent crime in the US. I don't sit around with 100 other people watching people commit violent crime and doing nothing.
Quote:It's like saying we would never have violent crime if the bulk of society happened to be against that kind of thing.

Most of society does not stand there cheering on muggers.

[Image: neflagbu.jpg]
(January 28, 2013 at 3:35 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Here is an interesting statistic, 8/10 currently ongoing wars in the world involve Muslims. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ong..._conflicts

There are over a billion Muslims in the world so most wars being fought in the world will involve some Muslims being part of the action. Though obviously there is an ultra violent Jihadist faction knocking around the place at this point in history many of the wars having something to do with them. If you go back to the early 20th century most of the wars would have involved Christians seeing as back then you had Fascists and Communists kicking off all over the place. Communists would be technically atheists of course but that was enforced onto a Christian culture. Wars are almost always fought for reasons of Earthly worldly power which is what the Jihadist Muslims really want at the end of the day not so much the 72 virgins. Though if you want to rope a religion into your world domination agenda I suppose Islam and the Quran is a good choice as there is some warlike stuff in there if you want to find it and take it out of context. It doesn't mean that's what Muslims in general have in mind.

(January 28, 2013 at 3:35 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: The things Min is pointing out is totally different than violent crime in the US. I don't sit around with 100 other people watching people commit violent crime and doing nothing.

I don't think it's fair to say that the Muslim world is doing nothing about the violent extremists they're on the front line with most of the attacks being directed at them. We're not fighting against Islam as religion on the whole just one element of it and we're allied with the vast majority of other Muslims.
Apparently the muslims are offended again

http://www.goddiscussion.com/106861/lego...-to-islam/

This time by a toy that has fuck all to do with islam.

My reply to this fuckhead.......

Oh, you're offended by this are you? Well I'm offended by the attempted murder of a school girl, I'm offended by the hanging of a pregnant rape victim who couldn't produce four witnesses. I'm offended by FGM. I'm offended by the thousands of crappy things muslims every day in the name of your crappy religion. So I guess we're even now....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59937 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122559 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 312000 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22825 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45179 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4184 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2507 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am