Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Catholics
RE: Damned Catholics
(January 1, 2016 at 11:04 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: 17"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Or get out of the religion business.  They can't pass their own test of religious fealty so having clearly failed at the churchy thing, it's time to move on.

Seems like God would have given them a real easy test, so their failure is very telling.

You know the drill. The zealots will pull the No True Scotsman bit to explain away why others can't exemplify these signs of faith. As for themselves, they say that you aren't supposed to test God or that the gifts of the spirit are not uniformly dispensed and that God has given them gifts and responsibilities that don't happen to be the ones you quoted.

In other words, these assholes have more excuses than brain cells.
Fuckers don't like it when their fairy tales are picked on, either.

Fuck 'em.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/vatican-...terrorist/

Quote:Vatican criticizes Charlie Hebdo for portraying God as a gun-wielding terrorist

Freedom of speech is more important than any fucking god.
I really must get my ears checked, I'm clearly developing a hearing problem, because I was sure the Vatican had condemned the cartoonists, rather than the violence.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Everybody has an excuse Father Crack Pipe.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/li-p...-1.2487649

Quote:Long Island priest busted buying crack in motel parking lot, tells cops he started smoking drug after sister was decapitated
Ex-Nun Says She Had to Self-Flagellate, Stick Needles in Herself, and Eat Spoiled Food — For Jesus

Nuns at an Italian convent were forced to write their vows in their own blood, self-flagellate every night, and eat spoiled food, a former member of the order is claiming. “We pierced our skin with needles before writing on the card and we were happy to do it,” the unnamed nun told the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera about her time in the 1990s at the “Sister of the Immaculate” convent.
http://nypost.com/2016/01/05/nun-says-sh...ate-daily/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
So tell me pope Fuckface....

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/pope-fra...-migrants/

Quote:Pope Francis on Monday urged European governments to keep welcoming migrants while acknowledging security and other concerns over the recent mass influx of people mainly from the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

How many muslims is the Vatican taking in?  Or is this yet another of the typical catholic 'do as I say, not as I do" bits of hypocrisy?
I think the Pope's speeches are pretty amazing, here take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPJ9w1dTjUo

Now if that isn't sophisticated I don't know what is.
(January 9, 2016 at 4:50 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Ex-Nun Says She Had to Self-Flagellate, Stick Needles in Herself, and Eat Spoiled Food — For Jesus

Nuns at an Italian convent were forced to write their vows in their own blood, self-flagellate every night, and eat spoiled food, a former member of the order is claiming. “We pierced our skin with needles before writing on the card and we were happy to do it,” the unnamed nun told the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera about her time in the 1990s at the “Sister of the Immaculate” convent.
http://nypost.com/2016/01/05/nun-says-sh...ate-daily/

So convents are just extreme sorority houses?
Just my two cents from my time as a Catholic.

The Catholic Church can be just as fanatical and unreasonable as evangelical protestants. Catholic clerics ( and the Church at large) however are generally more intelligent, or at least less wildly ignorant/anti-intellectual as the born-again preechers.

They sort of cloak their fanatacism in relatively enlightened/humanist positions: i.e evolution is real, science and religion do not conflict, non-Catholics might actually go to heaven or even honor God in their own way, etc. etc.

However, underneath all that you have positions that are truly midieval: all abortion is bad and evil (even in cases of rape/incest), contraception is evil, gays are evil etc. etc.

There was a tradition once (still believed by a few I think) that celibacy is the supreme form of life, much better than having sex or being married. Wierd..

Even with the intellectual knowledge of some priests... it is more an intelligence of depth, but not width and breadth.

Pope "saint' John Paul II was a very intelligent, learned man. He spoke something like 10-15 languages, and knew much about philosophy and science. However, being very Catholic his thought and knowledge were quite ridgd, precluding the possibiliy that the Catholic Church could ever be wrong, that any of it was immoral or did not make sense.

I go to a Catholic law school and see the same attitude from some of the more "Catholic" students. They are often nice and pleasent enough, but very convinced of the Churche's righteousness and the supposed ignorance/failure/ evil of the non-religious or non Catholic philosophies or positions.
Quote:Pope "saint' John Paul II was a very intelligent, learned man.

Yeah... he also sat on his fucking ass while his pervert priests were butt-fucking the altar boys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 60016 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 132591 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122827 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22846 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45234 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4194 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2508 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am