Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservatives have more self-control
RE: Conservatives have more self-control
(January 27, 2018 at 8:28 am)alpha male Wrote:
Quote:"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure [factors in cost of living], we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

I'll just repost this here. These numbers are based on 2014 Census data. That data takes into account factors such as housing cost, cost of living, and so forth.

(January 17, 2018 at 1:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 8:43 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: ...and then there is California...highest poverty rate in the nation. But failure will never change the mind of a leftist.

[Image: 700px-US_states_by_poverty_rate.svg.png]

According to Wikipedia, that map takes into account cost-of-living factors such as differential housing costs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U....verty_rate

A neat tool here that shows housing costs by percentage of income in each state.

I'm not sure why some folks insist that the Census Bureau doesn't factor in CoL in its poverty rankings. It does.
(January 27, 2018 at 9:35 am)Grandizer Wrote: Awww, conservatives have more self-control, some study says? That's cute. Here's a star for each one of you.

Now, how about some fucking empathy for the less fortunate?
Yeah, mother fuckers. What he said. How about you cheap asses digging into your bank accounts and cutting me some checks to increase my fortunes.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 27, 2018 at 10:28 am)A Theist Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 9:35 am)Grandizer Wrote: Awww, conservatives have more self-control, some study says? That's cute. Here's a star for each one of you.

Now, how about some fucking empathy for the less fortunate?
Yeah, mother fuckers. What he said. How about you cheap asses digging into your bank accounts and cutting me some checks to increase my fortunes.

Thus sayeth the millionaires and billionaires, and hence the glory of the tax breaks.
(January 27, 2018 at 10:32 am)Grandizer Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 10:28 am)A Theist Wrote: Yeah, mother fuckers. What he said. How about you cheap asses digging into your bank accounts and cutting me some checks to increase my fortunes.

Thus sayeth the millionaires and billionaires, and hence the glory of the tax breaks.
Well, hell. Looks like I won't be getting an empathy check from the guy who was demanding that people should show empathy for the less fortunate. I guess empathy's a good thing as long as you're not the one who has to do the sacrificing.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 27, 2018 at 11:19 am)A Theist Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 10:32 am)Grandizer Wrote: Thus sayeth the millionaires and billionaires, and hence the glory of the tax breaks.
Well, hell. Looks like I  won't be getting an empathy check from the guy who was demanding that people should show empathy for the less fortunate. I guess empathy's a good thing as long as you're not the one who has to do the sacrificing.

You know, the first thing that came to your mind was money upon seeing the words "less fortunate", which I find rather interesting. But then again, that's what "fortune" implies to many people.
(January 27, 2018 at 11:23 am)Grandizer Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 11:19 am)A Theist Wrote: Well, hell. Looks like I  won't be getting an empathy check from the guy who was demanding that people should show empathy for the less fortunate. I guess empathy's a good thing as long as you're not the one who has to do the sacrificing.

You know, the first thing that came to your mind was money upon seeing the words "less fortunate", which I find rather interesting. But then again, that's what "fortune" implies to many people.
Well hell yeah! I could use the money right about now. I have a few doctor bills and an ER bill that came due the other day over a herniated disc and no means to pay it. So I'm counting on you, Mr. Empathy, to ante up and cut me an empathy check. If showing empathy for the less fortunate is what you believe then you could at least be the first to set the example for everyone else you demanded empathy from.

(January 27, 2018 at 12:06 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 11:23 am)Grandizer Wrote: You know, the first thing that came to your mind was money upon seeing the words "less fortunate", which I find rather interesting. But then again, that's what "fortune" implies to many people.
Well hell yeah! I could use the money right about now. I have a few doctor bills and an ER bill that came due the other day over a herniated disc and no means to pay it. So I'm counting on you, Mr. Empathy, to ante up and cut me an empathy check. If showing empathy for the less fortunate is what you believe then you could at least be the first to set the example for everyone else you demanded empathy from.
I don't know what Grandizer's stance is but a fair amount of Leftist's support single payer healthcare. You would have little to no bill for your disc issues. It would save money because there would be no one in the middle taking a cut. Also a good portion of the cost currently goes towards paperwork to see what healthcare you can and can't get. That cost would be eliminated.
(January 27, 2018 at 12:06 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 11:23 am)Grandizer Wrote: You know, the first thing that came to your mind was money upon seeing the words "less fortunate", which I find rather interesting. But then again, that's what "fortune" implies to many people.

I have no power to help you (and plus, I don't live where you live). But I do wish politicians made it their mission to help provide free health care as a right for all Americans, and yes, this means more tax for people, including the rich. But it also means you save more money per year (if this were to be enacted).

You can have my empathy, and if I was an American, I'd have been happy to pay more tax to ensure health care for all there. After all, I get taxed here in Australia, and I got no problem with it (we have Medicare for all here). It's good to help the less fortunate!
(January 27, 2018 at 12:43 pm)Grandizer Wrote: It makes me feel  good to force other people to  help the less fortunate!

FTFY
(January 27, 2018 at 12:52 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 12:43 pm)Grandizer Wrote: It makes me feel  good to force other people to  help the less fortunate!

FTFY

You need to see it this way, to make you feel better for the lack for empathy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1496 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 4327 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 9687 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 415 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 597 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Population control onlinebiker 43 2842 April 11, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Proof gun control works GrandizerII 115 6521 August 23, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Is Trump Hate Legit or Mob Control? jessieban 37 5661 June 21, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1671 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1493 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist