Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 7:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The rapture is finally here again!
RE: The rapture is finally here again!
(November 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm)Chapabel Wrote: Can you prove any of your statements? How do you know He did not exist? How do you know He's not coming back? How do you know He is not the Son of God? Unless you can prove your statements with evidence, all you offer is an opinion.

Burden of proof, sugar.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm)Chapabel Wrote: Can you prove any of your statements? How do you know He did not exist?

Because there is no evidence that "Jesus" was a real person.

Quote:How do you know He's not coming back?

Because "he" was never here in the first place.

Quote:How do you know He is not the Son of God?

Because there is no evidence to support this statement.

Quote:Unless you can prove your statements with evidence, all you offer is an opinion.

His "opinion" is a logical conclusion based on the available evidence.

Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Give it up Thor, he worships this:
[Image: montypythongod.jpg]

The style of omnipotence seems to have been cramped by evidence of disfunction of his melanocyte cells.
(November 30, 2010 at 6:19 pm)Chuck Wrote: The style of omnipotence seems to have been cramped by evidence of disfunction of his melanocyte cells.

Keep using the big words and you're going to get me excited.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 30, 2010 at 4:35 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Yet another dumb ass prophesying the end of the world and the coming of Christ for his saints! According to Harold Camping a so called biblical scholar the coming of the Lord will be on May 21, 2011 http://familyradio.com/index.html my problem with this is that Christians who attempt to predict the return of Christ unknowingly are contradicting the very scriptures they proclaim to believe in. Mark 13:26,27,30-33 (NJB) 26 And then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.27 And then he will send the angels to gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the world to the ends of the sky. 30 In truth I tell you, before this generation has passed away all these things will have taken place.31 Sky and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.32 'But as for that day or hour, nobody knows it, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son; no one but the Father.33 'Be on your guard, stay awake, because you never know when the time will come.

Do any of these morons even bother to read the bible? Or is this one of those cherries that they choose not to pick? Attention Christians!! 1. Jesus did not exist, he was a mythical character. 2. If he did exist he died and he is not coming back! Oh and he was not the son of God but rather another whack job much like we see today in the many cults that have arisen as a result of Christianity.

I can attribute this whole attitude you have described above to people reading Matthew 24:34 and thinking that Jesus is talking to them, rather than the 1st century Jews.
undefined
(November 30, 2010 at 6:05 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Give it up Thor, he worships this:
[Image: montypythongod.jpg]

ROFLOL

Great movie!

I love it when God tells King Arthur to go look for the Holy Grail and King Arthur responds, "Good idea, Lord". God then thunders back, "OF COURSE IT'S A GOOD IDEA!".

Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?

STOP GROVELING!
Chapabel Wrote: Can you prove any of your statements? How do you know He did not exist? How do you know He's not coming back? How do you know He is not the Son of God? Unless you can prove your statements with evidence, all you offer is an opinion.

Let's see, although the burden of proof is on you I will indulge you. How do I know he did not exist? Well, the non-Christian or secular evidence for his existence is scant and in most cases has been shown to have been manipulated by the good ole church. Because his existence is not provable outside of the biblical texts once you conclude that he did not exist, then you can safely assume that he will not come back. And finally, if he did not exist, and therefore cannot come back since he was never here in the first place then it is safe to assume that he was not the son of God either.

Now let me ask you some questions? Where is the body of Christ? Oh I forgot he conveniently ascended up to heaven like every other mythical god man before him. Every Christian relic the church claims to find turns out to be a forgery so there goes that side of your argument. Christians love to cry out for proof but for some reason this requirement doesn't seem to apply to them because they believe all of that nonsense by faith. So we are supposed to accept this bunk by faith as well.
(November 30, 2010 at 6:25 pm)ziggystardust Wrote:
(November 30, 2010 at 4:35 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Yet another dumb ass prophesying the end of the world and the coming of Christ for his saints! According to Harold Camping a so called biblical scholar the coming of the Lord will be on May 21, 2011 http://familyradio.com/index.html my problem with this is that Christians who attempt to predict the return of Christ unknowingly are contradicting the very scriptures they proclaim to believe in. Mark 13:26,27,30-33 (NJB) 26 And then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.27 And then he will send the angels to gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the world to the ends of the sky. 30 In truth I tell you, before this generation has passed away all these things will have taken place.31 Sky and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.32 'But as for that day or hour, nobody knows it, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son; no one but the Father.33 'Be on your guard, stay awake, because you never know when the time will come.

Do any of these morons even bother to read the bible? Or is this one of those cherries that they choose not to pick? Attention Christians!! 1. Jesus did not exist, he was a mythical character. 2. If he did exist he died and he is not coming back! Oh and he was not the son of God but rather another whack job much like we see today in the many cults that have arisen as a result of Christianity.

I can attribute this whole attitude you have described above to people reading Matthew 24:34 and thinking that Jesus is talking to them, rather than the 1st century Jews.

I agree ziggy, Christians love to cherry pick the bible and quote it out of context to try and make sense of their insanity. ROFLOL
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(November 30, 2010 at 5:35 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(November 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm)Chapabel Wrote: Can you prove any of your statements? How do you know He did not exist? How do you know He's not coming back? How do you know He is not the Son of God? Unless you can prove your statements with evidence, all you offer is an opinion.

The burden of proof isn't on us.

If you make an absolute statement, then the burden of proof is on you.
(November 30, 2010 at 5:36 pm)Chuck Wrote:

Because we are familiar with techniques for estimation of probability centuries ahead of that demented little provincial apocalytic preacher, to say nothing of those baffoons who would hold aloft a piece of scaffolding while styling the demented little criminal "christ".

Ok...so you have no evidence either. That's all you had to say. "Estimation of Probability" is not evidence.
(November 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm)Thor Wrote:
(November 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm)Chapabel Wrote: Can you prove any of your statements? How do you know He did not exist?

Because there is no evidence that "Jesus" was a real person.

Quote:How do you know He's not coming back?

Because "he" was never here in the first place.

Quote:How do you know He is not the Son of God?

Because there is no evidence to support this statement.

Quote:Unless you can prove your statements with evidence, all you offer is an opinion.

His "opinion" is a logical conclusion based on the available evidence.

Actually, there is evidence...it's in the Bible as well as secular writings. Try again.
(November 30, 2010 at 7:51 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Chapabel Wrote: Can you prove any of your statements? How do you know He did not exist? How do you know He's not coming back? How do you know He is not the Son of God? Unless you can prove your statements with evidence, all you offer is an opinion.

Let's see, although the burden of proof is on you I will indulge you. How do I know he did not exist? Well, the non-Christian or secular evidence for his existence is scant and in most cases has been shown to have been manipulated by the good ole church. Because his existence is not provable outside of the biblical texts once you conclude that he did not exist, then you can safely assume that he will not come back. And finally, if he did not exist, and therefore cannot come back since he was never here in the first place then it is safe to assume that he was not the son of God either.

Now let me ask you some questions? Where is the body of Christ? Oh I forgot he conveniently ascended up to heaven like every other mythical god man before him. Every Christian relic the church claims to find turns out to be a forgery so there goes that side of your argument. Christians love to cry out for proof but for some reason this requirement doesn't seem to apply to them because they believe all of that nonsense by faith. So we are supposed to accept this bunk by faith as well.
(November 30, 2010 at 6:25 pm)ziggystardust Wrote:

I agree ziggy, Christians love to cherry pick the bible and quote it out of context to try and make sense of their insanity. ROFLOL

Actually, the burden of proof is on you since you made the statement. You, yourself admit there is non-Christian evidence for His existance even if it is scant. You killed your entire arguement...thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 6211 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Pat Robertson finally leaving tv Foxaèr 20 2263 October 8, 2021 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1411 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Gay marriage finally legalized. piterski123 16 6895 June 29, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Regina
  FINALLY Started My Ministry Sasha Gallagher 95 17215 August 31, 2014 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Finally, the good destiny won!... ajmah 13 4226 March 6, 2012 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  Absolute Truth revealed! Finally! Who is God? Andrastos 135 51688 June 20, 2011 at 11:39 am
Last Post: chatpilot
  Rapture Road Trip Jaysyn 3 1475 March 9, 2011 at 3:51 am
Last Post: Jax
  Meaning of Right and Wrong... Finally Answered! pacian 54 25875 October 17, 2010 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: theVOID