Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 10, 2018 at 7:54 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The evidence I provided should be defined as proof...

In the logic biz, that's what's called an opinion. Everybody has 'em.

(May 10, 2018 at 8:04 pm)CDF47 Wrote: DNA containing information is a fact that can never be debunked.

No one is saying that DNA doesn't contain information, We disagree on where it comes from. Try to stay focused.

(May 10, 2018 at 8:10 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Nothing natural can design and create something as sophisticated as DNA or animal bodies or human bodies,...

That is an assertion. There's no reason anyone should agree with your assertion until it's adequately supported.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 11, 2018 at 1:58 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 1:57 am)Tizheruk Wrote: No it's more people have been brainwashed by arguments by theists or most have never actually considered the question honestly .

No, I think most adults, which this post is based on, consider these things more deeply than that.  Sure, some consider them much more than others but I think everyone spends some time thinking about whether there is an after-life, whether God exists,..., on their own.

It is so awesome of the Creator to let us know that for sure we were designed as is the universe we live in.

1. You assume that which you do not know. Quit thinking. Clearly that skill isn't in your wheelhouse. 
2. There is no "Creator" as you have yet to successfully demonstrate that there is one. 

(May 11, 2018 at 2:04 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 2:03 am)Kit Wrote: DNA still doesn't prove existence of a designer; nice try, though.

It sure does.

No. It doesn't. You're being redundantly pathetic at this point.

(May 11, 2018 at 2:16 am)CDF47 Wrote: I've responded 250 times to posts in this thread.  That is plenty as far as I am concerned after 110 pages.

Quality over quantity. The quality of your posts is so diminished, they don't qualify as being post-worthy.  

(May 11, 2018 at 2:18 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 2:17 am)Kit Wrote: It's not the quantity, but the quality that should matter.

The debate was over after the first post so the quality was there.

There was no debate. You brought opinions to a thread and have failed repeatedly when asked to back them up. I think you need to change your username to BrokenRecord. 

(May 11, 2018 at 2:37 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 2:35 am)Tizheruk Wrote: How about the fact it's a fact .

Prove it.

Funny, when you've been asked to do that very thing throughout this entire sad thread, you've failed to do so. You're the one making the claim it's up to YOU to prove what you opine to be a fact. But you can't so you do this instead. 

(May 11, 2018 at 2:44 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 2:40 am)Tizheruk Wrote: All the ones that have refuted your bullshit . And all you brought is propaganda , fallacies , Stupid ID talking points . Name calling . And general ignorance . And just spewing talking points as a refutation .  Dodgy

You first .

I brought scientific facts, I didn't call anyone names, and I supported my claims.

I already have proved it.

You've been just as insulting, you coward. You haven't proved shit. 

(May 11, 2018 at 3:12 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 3:05 am)Kit Wrote: Sure~

Glad you're in agreement.

He wasn't. But just like facts, this little gem of sarcasm went right over your head. 

(May 11, 2018 at 3:23 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 3:21 am)Mathilda Wrote: Thanks for confirming what I posted:

You're just a noise generator. A spammer. You don't even know what a debate is.

It's definitely not what the atheists are doing in this thread which is name calling, insults, wining, crying, straw-man arguments,.....

Pot meet kettle. 

(May 11, 2018 at 3:30 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 3:29 am)Mathilda Wrote: So a spammer and a misogynist.

Oh, go cry about it to your whiny little atheist friends.

(May 11, 2018 at 3:29 am)Kit Wrote: Sounds more like you're describing yourself at this point.

I know you are but what am I....LOL.  I told you this is how you all debate.

What are you, five years old? Jfc get a god damned life already. 

(May 11, 2018 at 5:25 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 5:13 am)pocaracas Wrote: What your tiny brain can't comprehend is that it's not about probabilities.
It's about chemistry. Self assembly happens and is inevitable given the right conditions.
Show that those conditions have never been present on Earth. If you can't, then that's how it happened. No Intelligence required!
(I hope you see the irony in this sort of arguing, but maybe... just maybe... that's the sort of argument that you accept)

You obviously didn't watch the video I posted.  It addresses that exact problem.

(May 11, 2018 at 5:16 am)Mathilda Wrote: Of course if CDF47 had read that paper I posted by Eric Chaisson he would have understood that. But he has no intention of listening to what we say. All he wants to do is spam.

There are only so many posts and links I can read and watch in a 114 page thread that is only days old.

Translation: 

I will whine, pout and stomp my feet if you don't look at my links or watch my videos, but I have absolutely no desire to watch anything or review anything any of you post so, neener, neener, neener.

(May 11, 2018 at 7:44 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 7:00 am)Joods Wrote: Who the fuck cares and what does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

Really? And what bs arguments would that be?

BS argument = nothing created everything (just natural processes) - yeah right

So you can't even answer the questions accurately. Keep on being a dumb ass. It suits you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 11, 2018 at 7:44 am)CDF47 Wrote: BS argument = nothing created everything (just natural processes) - yeah right

Everything came from energy, including matter. Of course you'd know if this if you actually listened to what people were telling you rather than ignoring them and spamming. Like the paper I gave you #801

You were told this before. Your statement that nothing created everything was already countered here in #208 but of course you ignored it.
It's good to see at least some of you attempt to provide information, like a few posts ago. This other nonsense posting like jooks is just a joke.
(May 11, 2018 at 7:56 am)CDF47 Wrote: It's good to see at least some of you attempt to provide information, like a few posts ago.  This other nonsense posting like jooks is just a joke.

I'm simply throwing back at you what you are throwing at us. You make useless, worthless posts so that's what you get in return. 

When you've had enough of being proven wrong, the door is over there.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 11, 2018 at 7:54 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 7:44 am)CDF47 Wrote: BS argument = nothing created everything (just natural processes) - yeah right

Everything came from energy, including matter. Of course you'd know if this if you actually listened to what people were telling you rather than ignoring them and spamming. Like the paper I gave you #801

You were told this before. Your statement that nothing created everything was already countered here in #208 but of course you ignored it.

I saw it both times.  I read every post but did not have time to respond to all.

According to Hawking's calculations, space had infinite curvature at the beginning of time which means there was no space or time.  That means there was no matter.  Call it a singularity or whatever you want but everything came for a Creator at creation.

(May 11, 2018 at 7:57 am)Joods Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 7:56 am)CDF47 Wrote: It's good to see at least some of you attempt to provide information, like a few posts ago.  This other nonsense posting like jooks is just a joke.

I'm simply throwing back at you what you are throwing at us. You make useless, worthless posts so that's what you get in return. 

When you've had enough of being proven wrong, the door is over there.

Oh, I'm not leaving that easy.  This place is too much fun.
(May 11, 2018 at 7:58 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 7:54 am)Mathilda Wrote: Everything came from energy, including matter. Of course you'd know if this if you actually listened to what people were telling you rather than ignoring them and spamming. Like the paper I gave you #801

I saw it both times.  I read every post but did not have time to respond to all.

According to Hawking's calculations, space had infinite curvature at the beginning of time which means there was no space or time.  That means there was no matter.  Call it a singularity or whatever you want but everything came for a Creator at creation.

Apparently you still haven't read what I posted and also ignored #104 where I told you that there was no matter at the point of the Big Bang. Only energy. Matter came from the energy after the Big Bang.The paper would have told you that and my other post.
CDF47 Wrote:
Hammy Wrote:Your personal incredulity is not an argument.

I spent years researching and studying this and I found the answer.  It is a fact and no one can change my mind after understanding how DNA works.

You could only change your understanding if it was based on evidence and logic.

CDF47 Wrote:I feel great that I found the answers I was looking for in DNA and the fine-tuning of the universe.  I snuck out of the atheist web.

It's fundamental to the scientific approach to look for what is there rather than what you want to find.

CDF47 Wrote:I didn't prove it.  Some brilliant scientists proved it.

Your criteria for 'brilliant' is indistinguishable from 'agrees with CDF'.

CDF47 Wrote:The most densely packed and elaborately detailed assembly of information in the known universe (complex and specific) is contained in DNA.  It makes our software codes look like a joke in comparison and this is at a nano-scale.

We all agree that DNA is super-complex. The task for actually proving it was designed by a conscious entity rather than millions of iterations of replication sifted through the filter of natural selection is to prove that these natural processes can't result in something so complex.

CDF47 Wrote:Again, dumb nature can not design and create sophisticated information and information processing systems found in DNA.

That's an unsupported assertion. Without adequate support, that's all it will ever be, no matter how many times you repeat it. If you can establish a mechanism that proves that abiogenesis can't happen spontaneously under the right conditions, you'll have proved a designer of some sort and likely earned a Nobel for one of the most momentous scientific discoveries in history.

CDF47 Wrote:
Hammy Wrote:Again, that's just your personal incredulity again. What makes you think dumb nature can't do that?

Because some dumb natural process cannot design and create sophisticated information processing systems.

It can't because you said it can't again? Are you sure you're not here just to make us feel smarter?

CDF47 Wrote:Since the universe is fine-tuned and had a beginning the Designer/Creator transcends the universe/space/time.

None of those things has been established, as has already been explained.

CDF47 Wrote:We are in a universe perfect for our existence.  If the constants were any different, we wouldn't exist.

Actually, there are variations of the constants which would still allow for some sort of life. The constants we have aren't the only conceivable combination under which life can exist. Not that it's been established that the constants could have been different. Maybe they're...constant.

CDF47 Wrote:That's right.  It was designed by an intelligence obviously.  This little army of atheists can't beat the truth.  It will just keep coming back around and smack them in the face.

I DO feel smacked in the face every time I see you demonstrate that you think your incredulity proves something about DNA instead of about you.
I think he's just a troll, actually. I don't think he believes any of this nonsense. He's winding us up for his own personal amusement.

My mate Jesus doesn't take too kindly to trolls.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
CDF47 Wrote:That somewhat perfect position in space gives us a great view of the universe to discover.

Something is either perfect or it isn't. Somewhat perfect isn't perfect.

CDF47 Wrote:Oh yeah, the ancient astronaut guy.  Do you believe his BS as well as Dawkins?  Is this another idol of yours?

Oh, yeah, I remember that. The interviewer asked Dawkins if there was any possible way for a designer to be involved in the origin of life instead of natural causes, and Dawkins suggested aliens. Then the interview was dishonestly edited to take out the question in order to make it seem like his position was actually that aliens designed the first life on earth.

Is there anything you won't believe as long as it comes from a creationist?

CDF47 Wrote:Answer these questions: 1. Where do the information bearing properties of DNA come from?  2. Please describe the origins of genetic information.  3. DNA is located in a protein molecule. It takes DNA to build a protein. Which came first, the DNA or the protein?  4. Please provide a step-by-step natural explanation of the process of how DNA is copied and transferred to an assembly line where amino acids are linked together precisely as instructed, then formed into a functional protein, then transported to an exact location in a protein machine prior to machine operation. Explain how all the transport systems work. Explain the sequences of operation, the communication protocol, the operations of the machines, the assembly instructions, energy harvesting,.... Please explain how this all happened naturally.

You never gave a cogent response to anyone who answered these questions the last time you asked them. Why are you repeating a question that has already been addressed? For that matter, why do you keep repeating yourself in general? It would be nice if you were someone who could hold up their end of a conversation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey