Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
A thought everena, have you only just been exposed to different view points? I.e. have you encountered someone with different beliefs to you in RL, or has a preacher asked you to go forth and spread the word?

I’m just wondering if you realise that all of the ‘arguments’ you’re touting here have been used countless times already and whether you have anything new to present to try and convince us your particular version of whatever god you workshop has any validity?

No idea about your age or demographics etc but there’s a lot of threads on here that probably go through many of the arguments ‘for’ a particular brand of theism which have been debated throughly already. Again not sure if you’ve been exposed to these types of debates before or not.

I just want to make sure you realise that unverifiable claims are not within the purview of scientific enquiry and thus easily disregarded as ‘fairytales’.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 11, 2018 at 3:37 am)Everena Wrote: And, my beliefs are built on the ability to apply logic and conclude what is fairly obvious, combined with numerous shared/mutual experiences and signs that have proven God to me beyond any and all doubt.

Fuck Off with your beliefs. Tell me, how much care do you think atheists have with regards to your silly beliefs?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 11, 2018 at 6:56 am)Everena Wrote: No one believes in fairies, so get over it.  God's grand design is awesome and perfect and exactly how it is supposed to be. What are your problems with it? What specifically do not like about God's design?
Kind of a weird question to ask a person who doesn't believe that there -is- any fairy design..don't you think?  

Quote: Here, new from quantum bio- goes into some of the other theories from quantum mechanics too.  https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...milestone/

Nothing in there about eternal lives.  Did you..read....the link?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 11, 2018 at 6:48 am)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 6:45 am)Khemikal Wrote: Oh, stop, lol.  Great flesh making fairy's grand design is heterotrophic.  If it's a shit design it's a shit design.  What kind of designer comes up with shit designs, you reckon?  

Eternal lives proven by quantum biology?  Let's see that, lol.  

You believe in at least one myth..though it might not actually be an ancient one.

You need to go back to school, though.

And not just at some point in the future, ASAP.

Everena, welcome to the forum ^_^ oh boy...

Thank you for the welcome!!! Remember that God loves you!
Fuck your god ^_- (whatever one it is).
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 11, 2018 at 7:13 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 6:48 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: You need to go back to school, though.

And not just at some point in the future, ASAP.

Everena, welcome to the forum ^_^ oh boy...

Thank you for the welcome!!! Remember that God loves you!

Not according to the bible.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 11, 2018 at 7:13 am)Everena Wrote: Thank you for the welcome!!! Remember that God loves you!

You are exactly the sort of person I take issue with. If you want to believe that your silly god loves you, that's fine. But you don't get to force those beliefs on those that don't want them by saying this sort of bullshit. If your stupid god was real, he wouldn't need you or anyone else to tell us that he loves us. He'd damned well do it himself.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 11, 2018 at 6:56 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 3:37 am)Everena Wrote: I not only asserted it, I can prove that science has no idea why we are conscious. There are only hypotheses about it, nothing more. Why don't you look it up instead of pretending you know something that you don't.  

Also, there is no other logical explanation of how everything came to be. "It all just happened naturally dude" is not a logical explanation and it means nothing. Who doesn't believe in the Big Bang? There is a great 3 minute youtube video called "A brief timeline of everything" that is an incredibly beautiful depiction of the Big Bang. Coolest thing any atheist ever shared with me. The Big Bang required intelligence however, whether you choose to believe that or not. Do you really think mere human beings are the highest form of intelligence in an estimated 200 billion galaxies? And how could something conscious and intelligent ever possibly emerge from something that was not conscious or intelligent?

And, my beliefs are built on the ability to apply logic and conclude what is fairly obvious, combined with numerous shared/mutual experiences and signs that have proven God to me beyond any and all doubt.
Quote:It is Biology that is claiming it all must have just happened naturally, by some form of mysterious atheist magic I guess.
A scientific hypothesis is based on already established theories, observations and calculations. What you have is a magic book, aka "pulling shit out of your ass". Stop conflating the two, and pretending that even if science was wrong, your fairy tale would be any more true.

We determine what is true not (only) by logic but by gaining data, making experiments and observations, by collecting evidence, Mr. Armchair Philosopher. So wheres the *data* supporting your fairy tale?

"It all happens natually" is actually the best explanation, because it relies on what so far already has been proven, it doesnt involve assertions pulled out of your ass, like invisible sky fairies. In absence of sufficient evidence to convince you of a proposition like "it happened naturally", the only intellectually honest answer is: "I dont know", but not invoking some ancient BS.
For amateurs like you, its much, much more simple, aka: "Its either biology or god, and i reject science". Try to educate yourself about intellectual honesty and false dichotomies.

Your beliefs indeed are based on the ability to apply logic, which you are completely missing. Thats why your beliefs arent very persuasive .

Conflating biology/evolution (or astrophysics for that matter) with atheism is a mistake only the very most ignorant and uninformed apologists are making, you therefore just having proven to be such an ignoramus.
I am fully aware of how science works. I have studied science at every level of education and independently. 

As I stated earlier, I envision male stoners sitting around saying "duuude it just all happened naturally" It is vague and it means nothing! And why? Because Biologists do not know how it all happened and if you think they do, define naturally in that context.
Jesus mother fucking christ. The stupidity just keeps on getting stronger.

Is there some dirty laundry that needs tending to or is this a fresh batch?
Kinda hope it's a new one..this thread was running low on gas.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey