Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill
RE: Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill
Quote:Who is on US currency.?

Founding fathers and dead presidents....

And Sacagawea. Yeah that went well....
1. Fallacy of Antiquity

Quote:Exactly what is white supremeist about historical fact
The fact you conveniently want to keep something overwhelmingly old white guys that way 

Quote:When President Obama dies - it would be absolutely appropriate to put him on a bill. With the rate of inflation - they probably will need to bring back the $1000 bill... I nominate him for that....
Challenging Obama doesn't help your case or is he your "black friend "

Quote:When a woman becomes president _ she can be similarly acknowledged.
We said white supremacy, not misogyny 

Quote:Mrs Tubman was a great person. But she wasn't a founding father or a President.
Who cares?
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Some people would rather be russian than less racist. They've been very clear about that.

Beulah Donald. Single handedly bankrupted the klan - went all the way down to garnishing individual members wages.... in alabama. Her case would set the precedent victims of hate crimes cite today when seeking compensatory and punitive damages against the perpetrators over and above their criminal convictions.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:And WHY is Mrs Tubman the one chosen to honor?

She saved a few lives?
She risked her life to save those lives by establishing the underground railroad and then risked her life as a union spy. 

Quote:Why not Stanislav Petrov?

You don't even know who he is. (Yeah go google then claim you knew....)

He saved EVERYONE.....
Everyone knows who  Petrov is your not special and do you know how many false alarms there have been on nuclear weapons.

Quote:Seems he should be on a bill...
Too bad he wasn't even an American
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 25, 2021 at 6:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maybe now Biden can get busy carving Trump’s face into that mountain. Long overdue.

Boru

It would be more better to carve a mountain into trump’s face than to carve trump’s face into a mountain.

(January 26, 2021 at 10:55 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 26, 2021 at 10:48 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And WHY is Mrs Tubman the one chosen to honor?

She saved a few lives?

Why not Stanislav Petrov?

He saved EVERYONE.....

Seems he should be on a bill...

BECAUSE SHE TOOK GREAT RISK OF HER LIFE TO FREE SLAVES!

Damn you are dense.

Stanislov deserves an international honor sure, but he was not an American. Maybe a posthumous "Nobel Peace Prize", and if Putin were not a dictator maybe on their currency.

Why the fuck are you stupidly trying to downplay Tubman's contribution?

Why are trumpists credited with being dense when they are really just malevolent and false?
(January 26, 2021 at 10:55 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 26, 2021 at 10:48 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And WHY is Mrs Tubman the one chosen to honor?

She saved a few lives?

Why not Stanislav Petrov?

He saved EVERYONE.....

Seems he should be on a bill...

BECAUSE SHE TOOK GREAT RISK OF HER LIFE TO FREE SLAVES!

Damn you are dense.

Stanislov deserves an international honor sure, but he was not an American. Maybe a posthumous "Nobel Peace Prize", and if Putin were not a dictator maybe on their currency.

Why the fuck are you stupidly trying to downplay Tubman's contribution?
So why isn't William Lloyd Garrison going on the $20?

He had more to lose, little to gain and put himself at great risk... His contribution could be seen as greater than Tubman's.

But for SOME odd reason - nobody thinks he is worthy...

Why is that?

(Not holding my breath for an honest answer.... Standing by for indignant insults)
Wonderful suggestion, there's no shortage of face space on our currency - we can replace one of them with Willy.

How long has the thorn of stigmitization and the denial of pride caused you to lash out against a perceived cause in this way? Why do -you- think..that no one thinks he's worthy? What inference had you intended the reader to arrive at, rationally?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The fact that you seem more comfortable with a Soviet (even one who once managed to save the world from mutually assured destruction) being on American currency than a black woman speaks volumes about your attitudes towards race, at least assuming that you’re not just pathologically obsessed with playing Devil’s Advocate.

If we’re on Americans who saved more lives than anyone else, I’d nominate Norman Borlaug, the father of the green revolution, someone who created genetically modified crops that actually managed to save over a billion people from starvation. Thing is, besides a lot of knee-jerk opposition to GMOs, I’m certain that if you mentioned his name, at least 95% of people would immediately respond “who?” Probably not the optimal position for appearing on currency.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Quote:So why isn't William Lloyd Garrison going on the $20?

He had more to lose, little to gain and put himself at great risk... His contribution could be seen as greater than Tubman's.

But for SOME odd reason - nobody thinks he is worthy...

Why is that?
Because he didn't put himself at anywhere near the same risk as Tubman. Nor did he have more to lose  Hehe

Quote:(Not holding my breath for an honest answer.... Standing by for indignant insults)
And all you'll do is flail in indignant rage 
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 26, 2021 at 11:59 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: I’m certain that if you mentioned his name, at least 95% of people would immediately respond “who?” Probably not the optimal position for appearing on currency.

Also true of dead presidents, lol.
Quote:Mrs Tubman was a great person. But she wasn't a founding father or a President.

Neither was William Lloyd Garrison. Or Salmon P. Chase. Or Susan B. Anthony. Or Martha Washington. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2643 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1498 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1310 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Clinton campaign declined Bill Maher's help cause he's an atheist. CapnAwesome 21 1679 September 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Bill Daily dead at 91 Foxaèr 1 360 September 10, 2018 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Cosby Guilty! c172 139 23163 May 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  The Tax Bill: Pro-Life? Pro-Family?? Bullshit Minimalist 30 4244 April 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: John V
  Iowa bill for bible class in public school brewer 20 3243 January 27, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Dickhead Went To Give A Speech About the Bullshit Tax Bill Minimalist 6 1368 November 29, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  McConnell Pulls The Bill! Minimalist 29 4453 September 28, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr