Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 3:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prayer ... SERIOUSLY?!
RE: Prayer ... SERIOUSLY?!
I'm sure its easy to link btw. You link it I'll read, and that's a promise.

Late edit...It just hit me that the issue you decided to take up with my example of evidence that would lead me to believe in a flood was that of an anatomically modern dog. Not the T-Rex. I am ashamed that I didn't catch this. I'm putting a one in the "w" column under your name on the grounds of that alone. I am bested.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2011 at 9:08 pm)Epimethean Wrote:

That’s like asking for the current Darwinian model, where would you expect to find this? Well from current pieces of work on the subject of course. Creation.com has over 7,000 articles all dealing with modern creation models, AIG has just as many and maybe more, Kurt Wise’s book “Something from Nothing” gives an excellent synopsis of the current model. It’s far too extensive for me to give a rundown of on a message board. I can give you the basics if you’d like though?

(June 29, 2011 at 9:12 pm)Rhythm Wrote:

Are you saying I didn’t answer the question? I told you that according to the current model creationists would not expect to find a modern dog buried with T-rex. If you feel this didn’t answer your question please clarify the question.

I'm amused that the current creation model would allow for a t-rex within modern mans lifetime, but not an anatomically modern dog. Clear that up?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
And while you're at it, change the number of "current creation model" to the plural, since you don't seem to have one cohesive model to which you can refer us laypersons.
Trying to update my sig ...
(June 30, 2011 at 4:54 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I'm amused that the current creation model would allow for a t-rex within modern mans lifetime, but not an anatomically modern dog. Clear that up?

Why would we? We know when all of the breeds of dogs we see today were first derived, so we know that none of them would have been around at the time of the flood. Only the canine common ancestor.

But T-Rex was there at the docks? Why was he not allowed on the ark?
(June 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm)Epimethean Wrote: And while you're at it, change the number of "current creation model" to the plural, since you don't seem to have one cohesive model to which you can refer us laypersons.

I already pointed you to several sources you can learn about the creation model from, if you choose not to utilize them and remain ignorant that is none of my concern. Smile

(June 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm)Epimethean Wrote: But T-Rex was there at the docks? Why was he not allowed on the ark?

Where did I say he was not?

Ohhhhhh, so he did get on the ark? Did the rest of the dinos, too?

Regarding your resources: Throwing out "7,000" different accounts of what was in your words a singular theory does not amount to directing the layperson unless you want to win by sheer bullshittery.
Hey, waitaminit, so where did all the oil come from?
(June 30, 2011 at 5:12 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Ohhhhhh, so he did get on the ark? Did the rest of the dinos, too?

Regarding your resources: Throwing out "7,000" different accounts of what was in your words a singular theory does not amount to directing the layperson unless you want to win by sheer bullshittery.
Hey, waitaminit, so where did all the oil come from?

Of course, all land animals that breathed through nostrils were brought onto the ark.

They are not 7,000 articles all giving different models, they are all supporting the current model, just like the majority of articles on talkorigns support the current general theory of evolution.

OK, but was Sasquatch on the ark?

Please. Give. One. Solid. Paper. That. Outlines. NEW. Creation. Model. In. Nutshell.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5774 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7843 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 10818 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1112 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7988 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5881 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6192 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 64134 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 17088 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3472 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3