Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prayer ... SERIOUSLY?!
RE: Prayer ... SERIOUSLY?!
I can feel the love in here
(July 3, 2011 at 3:58 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I can feel the love in here

http://frostdiamond.com/Users/Eve/my%20m...onight.mp3

[Image: dancing-064.gif]
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Before I even hit play...I knew what I was about to hear..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Man love personified. Thank you, Sir Elton.
Trying to update my sig ...
LOL ACE... good choice of music...I got a good laugh out of it as well.
(July 3, 2011 at 5:06 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: Sounds like they're sexually repressed. The reason they have this 'rape anxiety' is because they're afraid of even asking themselves if they are homosexual. They are overcompensating with their defenses to keep themselves from even asking the question. Some people can't confront their sexuality head on for fear that they might actually turn out to be gay.

Both of them do strike me as sexually repressed in different ways. I don't think either of them are gay. At least neither one sets off my gay-dar. Then again, you can't always be sure.

Personally, I think it's insecurity about their lack of sex appeal and sexual frustration. Frankly, they're both fat and homely and I've never known either to have a girlfriend. The atheist seems asexual and the Christian is a misogynist and unsuccessful with women. Hating gays may give them a sense of superiority to those they think are less manly. My speculation anyway.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(July 3, 2011 at 4:33 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Before I even hit play...I knew what I was about to hear..lol.

I sure didn't... I thought I was about to hear a sex scene play out.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
mehhhhhh i have a coldddd god hates meeeee Sad
"God didn't make us in his image, we made him, her, and its in ours"
Re: The OP.
Well, one way to look at what your father-in-law does is, there's a reason believers are called sheep. Herd mentalities that can only survive in groups, devoid of free thought and require a shepherd in order to survive. He prays and is thankful for, his delusion. Clearly, his god is blessing him with all those things you observe in parenthesis, that obviously bypass his attention. Maltheism, it is a bitch.

I know a Catholic man that knew a relative of mine that passed on not long ago. In talking to him recently our conversation moved to that person as we reminisced as to what they meant to each of us. In the course of this he said he prays to him, that passed away. I found that rather odd. As if he who no longer possesses the faculties wherein he would have been able to listen, because he's ash in an urn on his wife's bookcase, is permitted a special exception when prayer rises from one's lips or imagination.

I once saw a home made tee shirt. created on one of those Cafe Press type sites, that said, I use to pray until I realized I was talking to myself.

It's the stuff of daring that need be worn into any prayer meeting at any local church on any given day of worship. Dare to inspire thought, outside the herd tradition.

Because in a world of billions of individuals wherein the mass majority hold faith and as such in all likelihood do pray, one has but to ask, what has been achieved for all that begging ringing toward the heavens? To realize, the answer speaks volumes for the depraved indifference of that what is thought to be listening.

"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(July 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 1, 2011 at 1:30 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(July 1, 2011 at 2:52 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I basicly agree with Statler Waldorf

OF course. Two nuts growing on the same tree.

Better than one lonely and empty bucket in a sandbox.

I never feel lonely here. There are 10 normal people for every theistic fuck head.

While talking about stupid fucking prayers consider this:

Quote:HAIL to thee, Amun-Ra, Lord of the thrones of the earth, the oldest existence, ancient of heaven, support of all things;
Chief of the gods, lord of truth; father of the gods, maker of men and beasts and herbs; maker of all things above and below;
Deliverer of the sufferer and oppressed, judging the poor;
Lord of wisdom, lord of mercy; most loving, opener of every eye, source of joy, in whose goodness the gods rejoice, thou whose name is hidden.
Thou art the one, maker of all that is, the one; the only one; maker of gods and men; giving food to all.
Hail to thee, thou one with many heads; sleepless when all others sleep, adoration to thee.
Hail to thee from all creatures from every land, from the height of heaven, from the depth of the sea.
The spirits thou hast made extol thee, saying, welcome to thee, father of the fathers of the gods; we worship thy spirit which is in us.

Pretty much the same old shit which later xtians rehashed into their boy. Nothing new under the sun, G-C...of course you think any one who believed in Amun-Ra is a hopeless primitive. Perhaps now you will understand why I think you and the Amun-Ra fan club are both hopeless primitives.

Get with the program son. Your god is as phony as theirs. You are on your own. Man up and deal with it.

That sounds nothing like the God I know, it's your lack of understanding of the bibical God that has you confused, well actually you were probably confused the moment you were old enough to crawl out of the sandbox. I agree there's nothing new under the sun, however the Son can make all things new. I know you believe I'm alone as far as having God as my guide but since I listen to God and not you I for one know better and one day you will find out that I'm correct in what I'm saying.
(July 2, 2011 at 1:37 am)Rhythm Wrote: I would also like to add

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

You're right, it doesn't sound like the bible is promoting fear of homosexuals, sounds more like execution.

God would be dealing out His judgement here, it is those who do the detestable thing that have chosen their punishment, remember this is law handed down to the Israelites, they can not say they were not given the knowledge for their choice. God is trying to protect is people from sin, He could have forced them to obey His laws however freewill does not allow for this, so there is a punishment for acts of sin if one chooses to disobey.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5765 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7838 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 10751 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1057 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7950 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5799 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6156 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63991 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 16978 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3461 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3