Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How long did it take for you to deconvert? What made you change your mind?
#17
RE: How long did it take for you to deconvert? What made you change your mind?
Can't say how long it took and there was certainly no atheist literature or videos involved in the process. The internet or personal computers for that matter weren't even around at that time. I got disgusted with religion even when I was still a child. The sermons of priests did the job well enough. Truth is, for the longest time of my life I didn't give a fuck. I didn't waste any thoughts on religion at all. What you could call a final deconversion happened, must have been around 1990. For some reason I pondered the question of god. And given all I knew about science, history and the age of the world, christianity or any other religion didn't make any sense. No big boom of now I got it, simply the facts and I went on with my life as I did before.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How long did it take for you to deconvert? What made you change your mind? - by abaris - August 1, 2015 at 8:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long has Humanity been on Planet Earth? MFrancis 58 16240 June 12, 2024 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 3237 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Climate change crisis and God's wrath Eclectic 4 1394 August 26, 2022 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 8566 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Cartoon I made poking fun at Religion! shawnmcdaniel1 19 7101 September 9, 2021 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 9186 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3551 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 18406 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 10076 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Don't take it personally. Mystic 83 22289 October 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)