Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(February 28, 2016 at 12:33 am)Rekeisha Wrote:
Quote:Threaten us all you like; we're not scared of your imaginary friend.

I am glad you are not afraid of my imaginary friend because I don't have one.

Yes you do. You call him god. 

Quote:Lies and mockery won't change the fact that God does exist

No he doesn't.

Quote:and has given you empirical data all around you to reveal the truth of His existence.

Wrong. No such data exists.

Quote:He even went so far as to give you a bible

You mean that book that was written by man (Not god) from copies of copies of copies of translations of translations of unverifiable manuscripts to which no one has ever seen an original of and then re-worded and copied again and again? 

Quote: (you will be held accountable for the 20 years you had His word before you).

That gibberish doesn't even make sense. 

Quote: Your behavior of resisting God and thereby suppressing the truth of His existence will not save you. That is why He sends people to tell you the truth, to tell you that He has made a way to pay for your sins. This is mercy but if you refuse to repent, He will keep His word, and you have read about it. There is no need for threats, I know God and He wants you to escape His wrath.   

Come out of your brainwashed coma, dear and learn something. First of all, atheists can't resist a god they don't believe in. Second, we aren't asking to be "saved" by the existence of some imaginary entity. Third, "he" doesn't send anyone. Your god is manufactured. People made him. He did not make us. People needed something to believe in and to follow so your false god was created for reasons, most likely one of which they needed some sort of comfort. 

Finally - stop fucking preaching here. If you want to preach, go outside and be a bible thumper to the passersby on the street. Not here where it is most certainly NOT wanted.  Debating and discussing ideas is fine and welcome but when people start getting all preachy on an atheist forum, they are wasting their time. 

That said, don't you think your time would be better served if you were doing something productive like helping out in a homeless shelter, giving to the poor or helping some disadvantaged family instead of being on an atheist forum trying to get us to believe in your bullshit god? 

This is what irks me so much about religious nuts. They think they can come in here and convert us and they do it with such a passion. Sadly, that passion is wasted here, when it could be better served IRL, in their own community. But no. Why do something real when you can just sit on your ass and pretend you're making a difference by arguing that your stupid god is real. 

If you don't like that we don't care for your god, why don't you just pray for us to stop?  Let's see how far that goes.  

Get back to me if it works. Mmmkay?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Joods - February 28, 2016 at 4:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1480 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1087 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 16134 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3589 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5435 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5895 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5361 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3848 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 18173 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7125 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy