Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 7:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
RE: Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
(May 7, 2018 at 6:23 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The foreign policy of the west butchered the Middle East, it didn't just kill it. Experts have warned for decades that the constant intervention of the U.S and western governments is creating massive shock wave, look at the immigration crisis: every Arab I know wants to run away from the Middle East, if you are arrested you are dead, the west lied when it promised Iraqies independence and peace.

It all makes sense: we were Ottomans once. We are a defeated nation, and the west was the winner. Why should the general direction of the movement of western secular politics be in the favor of "ex enemies" ? Most of the islamophobia of today is a continuation of what happened in WW1.

WW1?!
Like.... the one that ended in 1918?... one hundred years ago?!!

I know there might have been some domino effect, but the blame of today's actions lies in today's actors.
Everyone is free to act in a way that perpetuates feelings of animosity.... but they are also free to change those feelings and just don't.... just treat everyone around them like fellow human beings.
But of course the rich and powerful will always influence the bottom half of the population so that they perpetuate their leaders' power... why do the difficult thing and convince the more informed and intelligent half of the population, when it's so easy to let the other half keep those pesky intellectuals under wraps and keep you in charge?

Yes, the "west" has meddled with the Middle-East... The US meddles with everything, everywhere... So does China, nowadays... and it seems that Russia has been meddling for a long while, too.
The rest of the world, somehow, copes.
Own your shit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? - by pocaracas - May 8, 2018 at 10:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 127 7341 May 20, 2024 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1648 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3882 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1764 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 14726 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2786 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  High level philosophy robvalue 46 5099 November 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread Whateverist 598 71517 June 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12561 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Revolution in Philosophy? Jehanne 11 2332 April 4, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Jehanne