Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 5:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
(July 11, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(July 11, 2018 at 11:30 am)Drich Wrote: senseability or a reasonable belief has to do with experience no? Do you honestly think I have live a mirror to your life, but simply unreasonably come to a different conclusion about God?

IDK what if EVERTHING I ever shared with you all was 100% to the best of my ability true? would it not then be reasonable FOR ME if I keep getting input and stimuli from what the bible describes as the Holy Spirit, to believe in God?

Reason/sensibility are variables which yield different levels of understanding and belief. if you have no exposure to God then yes it is reasonable for you to go down a certain path. however if you choose to ignore what God offers us/share with you the Holy Spirit, then that becomes the unreasonable bit

You're missing a few gears in your wheelhouse, friend.  I wasn't talking about your beliefs but about your base ability to reason, as displayed in recent arguments.
and you need someone to connect ALL the dots before you can see a bigger picture.

And I agreed but also showed that all reasoning is based on personal experience. we do not have the same baseline therefore will come to different conclusion even if we use the same formula or mechanics of reasoning. why? because our experiences will be different.

For instance I maybe willing to take more chances weighing out risk the same way you do, however that does not mean i will come to the same conclusion as you would if my EXPERIENCE in taking chance always turns out to be bad.

Do you get it now?

So if my experience with God was real and your experience was non existent then we using the same process of reasoning by default have come to different conclusions.

Do you see now? do you finally understand what I am saying/cant judge reasoning on out come, because personal experience is a variable you can not account for when a person decides what is and is not reasonable.

See my gears are there, they just move a lot faster than yours.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there? - by Drich - July 11, 2018 at 1:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10790 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 22339 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5707 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 72411 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 32653 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3841 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 5120 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 19092 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3334 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1999 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue