Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 29, 2018 at 3:53 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(August 29, 2018 at 9:00 am)Khemikal Wrote: No, Benny, I just mean racists, which isn't some sanitized "predicated on race"..but -antipathy- predicated on race.  Is there supposed to be some pc problem with calling trashy people trashy?  What might that be? 
I think either you're living in a bubble, or pretending to be.  Are you going to pretend that "redneck" or "trailer park trash" isn't a demographic identity-based derogatory term?  How many times have you heard someone say, "Compton projects trash" or "former slave trash"?

It's pretty clear to me that the words "trailer park trash" are a racist and classist term used for poor white people, and that the PC left are for the most part pretty okay with its use.  If you deny this is true, then I'm going to be confirmed in my understanding that truth is your enemy, and that the dogma of the Book of Allowable Truths™ allows for no quarrel.
It's a bit more specific, Benny.  Not every rural white is a redneck or trailer park trash.  Hell.  I'm a redneck.  Thing is, whites aren't historically disenfranchised in any meaningful sense...that's just some ground leveling business in the normalizing effort. People who weren't regarded -as- whites, were, constantly, but we've all congealed into a single mass nowadays..even the miscegenated ones. lol

Quote:Well, this argument has been made in this thread, has it not?  That white people who express pride are racist, because they selectively choose not to focus on the harm that white people have done?  Are black people who express pride expected also to present a balanced view, and present the harms done by black people?  How about Asians?  How about Natives?
Has it, by whom?  Tell me more about the denial of your pride.

Quote:You can roll eyes, or call it a "white victimhood script" or whatever you want.  But if you demand that truth be overlooked for Truth™, with the attempt of championing an entire group of people against another entire group, without reference to individual merit, then it's 100% crystal clear to me: you're in favor a an explicitly racist ideology, and I take issue with that.
I'm more of a "why don't you poor fuckers realize that you're all one class and stop attacking your peers to the benefit of your owners" kinda guy.....but tell me more about how the ideologies explicitly opposed to racism are, in fact, the real racists.  

Tell me more about the stigma you face and the dire threat to "truth" presented by political correctness and social justice.

: obligatory eye roll in the face of yet another white supremacist talking point :

Quote:Please.  Your insincere platitudes have been pretty transparent.  "I'm willing to believe that Benny is isn't an alt-right racist, he's just carrying the script due to his inability to arrive at his world view on his own."
I'm very sincere, I hold you in high esteem, lol..and I don't think that you're incapable, I just note that the normalization of white supremacy has been very..very effective.  You're not supposed to realize that you've picked it up. It's supposed to seem plausible. It's supposed to be trivial enough to conform to some personal experience or another.

Quote:And I don't even have a problem with the far-left.  I support, for example, a welfare state in which people are given, as a constitutional right, enough support to give them a fair chance in life.  In American terms, I'd say that is far-left.  But there's a difference between that and telling people that differential rights to language and self-expression, due to membership in any demographic, represent a moral right.

I'd say allow all speech-- all of it, as hateful and horrible as it is.  Let people rage at it.  Let them fight in the fucking streets over it.  But let them speak.

OR declare that racism and all forms of prejudice are not acceptable.  Wrap the entire population in bubble wrap, and just call everybody "they" from now on.
Like I said, I expect that, when you get around to leaving the territory of the script and discuss what any given ideology is actually about, you'd find it all agreeable and uncontroversial.  

Quote:Oh.  And one more thing.  I've never told anyone here they can call me Ben or Benny.  Either use my tag name, or you can refer to me as Benjamin.  As for my personal pronoun of choice-- please refer to me as "specialsnowflakewhowantsaspecialpronoun" and when using the possessive form, stick to "specialsnowflakewhowantsaspecialpronounzer."  You'd better do it, or you are an alt-right bigot!
Okay Benjaminboy.   Tongue

You're hitting 4/5 over and over....don't you think there might be a correlation?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - August 29, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19134 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 345 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15569 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4150 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1722 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9655 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus