Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 1:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech....
RE: Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech....
(October 19, 2018 at 9:59 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(October 19, 2018 at 9:32 am)Brian37 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^

To all the stubborn right wing supporters reading this. FUCKING READ WHAT THIS MUSLIM IS SAYING! I am fucking sick of the crybaby assholes here thinking they are being oppressed when Atlass lives it EVERY FUCKING DAY! I don't want to hear shit from any of you if you think it is ok for A PRESIDENT to imply body slamming a reporter is acceptable behavior.

This isn't Trump's personal episode of WWE. Any sane person who values an open society SHOULD BE ANGRY, so yea, you want to call the left a mob, damned fucking right because I do not want America to turn into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.

People who whine about "oppression" in the west, need to visit a Middle Eastern country. Especially extreme places like Saudi Arabia..let me explain: first of all the power is in the hands of a very very limited and small circle of individuals, with a total isolation from outside interaction with the population.

Literally, there is no way to contact "the real authority", behind walls of law-enforcement institutions, and behind the army's protection, even the intelligence agency of the country works only in the benefit of the small, powerful elite circle.

That is not like the west. Imagine yourself living in a place, that imprisons you and torture you -maybe even to death- if you write an article or even a tweet on twitter, criticizing a member of the elite circle.

Lots of the people "who thought that the news about how terrible the Middle East is" is not true, can just see what happened in the case of Jamal Kashoggi: in the Middle East it's so normal to hear about similar (and even more brutal stuff) happening to any person defying the elite circles even with an article.

That's why when somebody like Trump supports these criminals, the damage and devastation to the people of the region is immense and unspeakable.

I think the above is "oppression". Please, Right-wing enthusiasts: get over yourself and accept democracy up your ass. At least nobody resorted to bone saws yet, and that's a good thing !

THANK YOU!

What the orange turd's supporters do not understand is that his long term vilification of reporters can and will erode any open society if left unchecked. 

Cuba and Iran long ago were open societies. But they fell in large part because of attacks on press and sell of fear and propaganda and sell of blind loyalty to nationalism. 

And again, no right winger has to take my word for it. 50 former republican intel agents warned us during his run what his rhetoric could do and is doing, and not just on the issue of reporters, but on global and national stability.

There is lots of crap I can handle from any religion and lots I can handle on those whom support horrible economic policies. But if anyone values an open society they should not tolerate a President vilifying reporters.

Messages In This Thread
Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech.... - by Brian37 - October 18, 2018 at 6:32 am
RE: Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech.... - by Brian37 - October 19, 2018 at 10:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 416 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 809 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 664 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Biden's Victory Speech onlinebiker 45 3256 September 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1799 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  frees speech, hate speech or a comedy routine? ignoramus 16 755 May 26, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2567 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 31242 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
  Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act. Brian37 16 1822 January 4, 2021 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2435 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am