Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
frees speech, hate speech or a comedy routine?
frees speech, hate speech or a comedy routine?
Israel Folau (bible thumper Aussie rugby player sacked for saying gays will go to hell, etc).
This is nothing new but it is back in the news again.

I know the world's going woke mad with the hard left in total control.
But what I really want to know is, is it technically hate speech if his rants are of a fictitious nature?

If I went around with placards that read: All politicians will fester in the eye of Sauron for eternity! and did that in front of parliament house, everyone would gather round thinking I'm a busking comedian and throw dollar coins at me. But if a footy player threatens particular men of alternate sexual preference to an uncomfortable afterlife (after they live a happy and successful life in this one of course), how is that not comedy?

There's only one thing worse than hell (for the ego). That's having no life at all after death!
I s'pose there's a bloody good reason why he plays footy and not chess.

Anyway, it's been 2 years and the leftist news won't leave it alone.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: frees speech, hate speech or a comedy routine?
When you're continuously funny on purpose, you're a comedian.
When you're continuously funny out of confusion and inaccuracies, you're a blithering idiot.
All stories are comments on the here and now. Is Animal Farm less poignant because it's fiction?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Margaret Court, funny as hell.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 25, 2021 at 9:53 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: Israel Folau (bible thumper Aussie rugby player sacked for saying gays will go to hell, etc).
This is nothing new but it is back in the news again.

I know the world's going woke mad with the hard left in total control.
The hard left is in control?  Hallelujah, the workers have risen up and captured the means of production!  

Quote:But what I really want to know is, is it technically hate speech if his rants are of a fictitious nature?
Hate speech can be and often is fact free.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
At work.

Let's maybe look at this another way Ig.

Suppose you're of a Native Hawaiian extraction. You truly belive the active volcano at the centre of your island is, in fact an actual active diety. (Didn't the volcano diety show its displeasure with Fred by dropping thos burning rocks on his roof, hey?)

Now, suppose you also believe (Fiercely, intensly and honestly) that ANYONE of a certain persuasion should be tossed into said diety.

Geez. It sucks thst Fred is left handed. Hence is 'Unclean' and of teh ebils. Thus should be tossed into said diety because that's the diety rules. (Plus there's the evidence of Fred's burning burning roof)

On top of this Ig. You're a strapping, virile specimen of your tribe that many others look upon with admiration, respect and as if leadership. So your ideas/thoughts/opinions find much fertile space to propogate within.

D'you see the connotations Ig?

YOU, Ig, might very well see a 'Hell' as a fictional place. Falafel, however, most certainly sees Hell as being as real as any volcano and he DEFINITELY wishes and thinks persons of 'X' most certainly should receive 'Punishment' for being 'X'.

When White Supremists spout their sheet. We most certainly must call them out about it.

Falafel and ALL the people of his group and fan-boys seems to forget that they lives in a 'Secular' country which is the only thing protecting them from the other groups who both think like, them as well as wish upon them what they wish upon 'X'.

Coffee
So what's the consensus everyone?

Is "You gays are truly ruly gonna burn in hell for being fabulous" insulting? Does it warrant any backlash?
Or should his club who sacked him and cancelled his multimillion dollar contract just pat have him on the head and said: That's nice, now when you're finished, please go and kick some more goals for us.

For TGN, just my opinion of course, but the left has already taken hold of production by paying everyone to NOT work. We are in for a dark decade ahead of 70's style stagflation.
And the virus had nothing to do with this. The US economy and govt debt was already screwed . Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 26, 2021 at 2:49 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: So what's the consensus everyone?

Is "You gays are truly ruly gonna burn in hell for being fabulous" insulting? Does it warrant any backlash?
Or should his club who sacked him and cancelled his multimillion dollar contract just pat have him on the head and said: That's nice, now when you're finished, please go and kick some more goals for us.

For TGN, just my opinion of course, but the left has already taken hold of production by paying everyone to NOT work. We are in for a dark decade ahead of 70's style stagflation.
And the virus had nothing to do with this. The US economy and govt debt was already screwed . Dunno

The club gets to choose who represents them publicaly, it's their money on the line. If he wants to preach maybe he should choose that as his career.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That was the club's argument also. Some agree, but some argue that the company does not have the right to infringe on his free speech irrespective of contract.
If he has said something nice, all is good. Who decides what is morally correct? The company paying him to play football? Are they qualified to make that decision?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 26, 2021 at 2:49 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: So what's the consensus everyone?

Yall are getting paid not to work?  Lucky.

The club that payed him, and very likely had a representation clause in his contract, gets to decide whether he goes back out with their jersey on and kicks goals for them for money. Speech may be protected, and the government hasn't thrown him in the clink for being shitty....but it's unlikely that there's any right to play for and get paid by a particular club.

If the worst that we can summon up when we consider the tyranny of the radical left is that assholes who poorly represent a business get fired by that business...............?

As for 70's style stagflation, I'm unconcerned about that, though we're in for economic hardship all the same..just a continuation of the norm for these past couple of decades. The american public isn't sitting on excess liquidity, and wouldn't be sitting on excess liquidity at $15hr, either. It's amazing to me that people can be made to believe that the poorest people, already getting so little of the pie that they're a statistical non-entity in terms of money despite their numbers as a population, are imagined to be some engine of economic destruction if they got a marginally higher but still insignificant piece of the same pie.

1 out of 100 people are consuming the entire pie...and castigating the poors while they do it for how there won't be any pie for the other poors unless they accept a lower share of the crumbs left in the tin. They can go fuck themselves. Some people think we should tax the rich, I think we should eat them.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian hate-preacher calls for the execution of ‘every single homosexual’. Jehanne 63 4335 June 28, 2022 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I hate these kind of headlines. onlinebiker 50 2005 December 8, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Biden's Victory Speech onlinebiker 45 2899 September 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 465 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  This thing, called bum, I kinda hate it.... Brian37 16 1914 May 8, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Free speech or Hate speech? ignoramus 20 1888 June 25, 2019 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Losty
  Here's Another Judge For The Orange Turdfuhrer to Hate Minimalist 1 470 November 23, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 456 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech.... Brian37 9 955 October 20, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  I Hate It When These Obnoxious Fucks Are Right. Minimalist 61 5612 July 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist