Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies?
RE: Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies?
(October 30, 2018 at 4:02 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(October 30, 2018 at 3:35 pm)Drich Wrote: Not so much. You can't even write a sentence in English. "Nupe" ????? Do you even read anything you write ?
"The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God’s Word in their own tongue"

https://www.biblica.com/resources/bible-...t-written/

"Hebrew is not the only language of the Dead Sea Scrolls. The majority of the Dead Sea Scrolls are in Hebrew, with some fragments written in the ancient paleo-Hebrew alphabet thought to have fallen out of use in the fifth century B.C."

Calm down gramps. I said nothing about languages in response to you. 
You are a Fundy ignoramus, and nothing you write merits any sort of response ... and you STILL have not responded to EVEN ONE thing posted that refutes your garbage about Satan/Lucifer.

Ah, no.. The NT was written in the Koine' Greek not greek there is a huge difference between the two like portuguese and spanish two very different languages same origin. to compare greek and koine greek is to not even taken a days worth of instruction in neither language.

The dead sea scrolls only have a hand full of books only one I believe is complete. either way what was written in hebrew only serve to verify the septuagint

Satan again was established in the book of Job which to the jews was known as a holy book of wisdom and or godly knowledge. Not something seen as law but insight into God's word and mind. Not something to be discarded or taken lightly.

Aside from those fatal errors I see you mirrored what I had already established in my last post. nice of you to finally catch up.

(October 30, 2018 at 4:08 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Here are some stats from Wikipedia:

Quote:In 2012, the US peaked at a total of 4,726 Title IV-eligible, degree-granting institutions: 3,026 4-year institutions and 1,700 2-year institutions.[1] By 2014–15, the total had declined to 4,627 institutions.[28]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_e...ted_States

I see you wiki page and go all in with National education statistics web site that make both wrong and put 4 years schools at 3011 for the school year of 2018
https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=84

i also noticed you didn't address the part where top of the top these schools sanction the teaching of Christianity..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? - by Drich - November 1, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3887 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1842 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 5589 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 23413 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 96936 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 8401 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 11932 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 6724 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 5365 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Silver
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 7323 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza