Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional
RE: California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional
(March 31, 2019 at 3:23 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(March 31, 2019 at 12:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Just like worship of a god or holy book, the hope with gun worshipers is that if they can get you lost in the details, it will distract everyone from the elephant in the room. So just talk about model types, like verses in a holy book, cherry pick, so you don't have to face the fact that we still have a firearm violence epidemic. Unlike OLB, you own firearms too, but you are not so blind as to ignore we do have a problem.
Actually there is something to be said ho many times have I been told by a Christian

"You can't criticize the bible because you don't know the terms "

Now apply that to the Gun Cult 

"You can't talk about guns because you don't know the terms "

Perfect distraction. And funny how the "terms" are like trying to nail jello to the wall. Meanwhile an average of 100 of our fellow citizens die every day because of this bullshit argument.

It is also important to point out the difference between a gun owner and a gun worshiper.

(March 31, 2019 at 3:34 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(March 31, 2019 at 3:23 pm)Amarok Wrote: Actually there is something to be said ho many times have I been told by a Christian

"You can't criticize the bible because you don't the terms "

Now apply that to the Gun Cult 

"You can't talk about guns because you don't know the terms "

I think that xians said that to you zero times, and you just now imagined that they said that to you many times, and you really believe it.

Your kidding me right? You really think this is about one religion?

I have been debating religion online almost on a daily basis since 2001, and not just one religion. 

I have heard, "What would you know" from Christians, and Muslims and Jews and Buddhists and Hindus and many others.

I have run into plenty of theists who want to play football, but when  your offense or defense out plays them, they say "You cant do that."

If a theist wants to put forth an argument, we are not saying they cant, but they also cannot bitch if we cause them the discomfort of cognitive dissonance. 

Theist do get upset when you challenge their social norms. And do insist you have no right to counter their claims since you are not a follower. And again, that is not one religion, but every religion has individual members who insist you have no right to challenge them since you are not a follower.

I know exactly what Amrok means, and I agree.  Humans fear their social norms being questioned.

While I value human rights, I value facts and logic as much. I may like someone who holds a religious belief, but I am also not going to sugar coat what I think of bad logic.

Don't get on the playing field if you don't want the competition. It is not about death or revenge for me. But if you make a claim, I am going to challenge it and counter it.

If I have never sold Amway, does that mean I cant see that it is simply a franchise scheme where only a few make money and everyone else looses money? Amway is legal, but I do not buy that it is moral. Marketing unfortunately mostly relies on emotion, the sell of fear and the sell of quick fixes and the sell of utopias, and religion is the master of that. Business also does that.  Neither are really practical other than they help religion and business keep power. 

I am under no illusions that you can get rid of business or religion. But humans certainly can do better to weed out the crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional - by Brian37 - March 31, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 4288 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5825 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2715 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 760 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California zebo-the-fat 30 3280 August 1, 2019 at 9:09 pm
  No more executions in California? Jehanne 0 300 March 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  News as surprising as another mass shooting: California ablaze again/still Whateverist 24 2603 November 18, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Shooting in Southern California Joods 128 6417 November 12, 2018 at 9:08 am
  California Requires Women on Corp Boards by law. brewer 49 4292 October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Baltimore poised to become first major city to ban privatization of water Aegon 9 727 August 8, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13