Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war
RE: BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war
Yep, that's me. Known corporatist shill and free market booster.

The world has an oil problem. It's going to kill us. Not all of us. Petro-states have an even bigger problem - damned if they do, and damned if we don't.

I think that oil should be nationalized, and not "nationalized" in the sense that a worthless prince is the defacto owner, but actual nationalization. If you don't adequately utilize that resource for development now, the hope of development or even subsistence in a post oil (or even inconvenienced oil) future is going to be beyond your vastly reduced abilities. Big daddy usa isn't going to prop up your dictators at that point (who will flee with all of their pilfered wealth to western countries), aside from other motivations...but we also aren't going to lift a finger when the next dictator sweeps across your newly impoverished region. Keep that in mind when you find yourself being pushed off a rooftop, eh?

I'm sure that china would be interested in expanding it's sphere of influence, though. Might wanna pick up some mandarin.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war - by The Grand Nudger - April 22, 2020 at 11:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4818 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2286 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 6351 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Holocaust survivor perishes as the result of another war Foxaèr 12 1443 May 2, 2022 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 634 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1726 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2515 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1344 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 30924 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1362 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic