Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Your opportunity to call me a dumbass.
#1
Your opportunity to call me a dumbass.
And yes, looking back at it now, I deserve it.

On my first trip to Australia, I fell in love with Brisbane and Victoria Point and Russell Island. So after an early tour of Brisbane, hosted by my late best friend's friend Mike, he offered to take me to "The Gold Coast". Who names a city that? When I heard those words "Gold Coast" , not knowing anything at the time, and being afraid of heights, I thought he was offering to take me to ocean side cliffs billions of feet above the ocean. NOPE, there really is a sea level city in Australia called "Gold Coast". The irony on my second trip is that Debra, my core host both trips, on the second trip, took me to Byron Bay, which is even further south than "Gold Coast". 

So on my first trip I turned down Mike taking me to a second adventure to "Gold Coast", and opted for a second tour of Brisbane. 

Between my two trips, my first solo trip and my second trip with HB, I stumbled across a movie called " Absolute Deception" staring Cuba Gooding Jr". It was filmed in the city of "Gold Coast". But again, on both trips I didn't know that. But just yesterday, after watching it for the 3rd time since both my trips, I was thinking at the time, I was only watching it because it was filmed in Australia. It only hit me yesterday after watching it this last time, that I missed the opportunity to actually visit the city BOTH TIMES.

YES I AM A DUMBASS.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. - by Jackie - June 5, 2021 at 9:30 pm
RE: Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. - by brewer - June 5, 2021 at 10:38 pm
RE: Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. - by Jackie - June 6, 2021 at 10:33 am
RE: Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. - by no one - June 6, 2021 at 5:05 am
RE: Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. - by awty - June 6, 2021 at 1:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Jackie 63 14761 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  Ok, so I am a dumbass once again. Jackie 59 14696 June 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  (Curious) Roll Call Kitan Etos 8 2086 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  What do you call THAT? onlinebiker 8 3393 August 29, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 6511 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 8585 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Business opportunity. Gawdzilla Sama 1 804 October 17, 2017 at 4:07 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 11915 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 21160 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I don't think, this to be racist, but your give your opinions abaris 20 6231 March 7, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)