Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2026, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Adopting Religion for fear of what may transpire post death?
#18
RE: Adopting Religion for fear of what may transpire post death?
(November 28, 2011 at 3:41 am)apophenia Wrote: ....there comes a point at which, you realize the odds of the gun being real, or that it holds anything but blanks, are not worth considering; the number of bad things that "might happen" at that level of frequency is uncountably infinite.

Or the odds of him actually killing you before you take the gun and beat his silly ass to death with it for making a terrible mistake in his assessment of just how far either of you is willing to go in violence respectively. This is exactly the stance I take regarding the "terrorist god" concept. If he's going to point a gun at me he'd better have a fucking deathgrip on it. To say that I don't appreciate this sort of "persuasion" is to state my opinion very lightly.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Adopting Religion for fear of what may transpire post death? - by The Grand Nudger - November 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 40 15194 June 11, 2026 at 6:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Lightbulb Cutting off the Last Straw from Religion - Fear of Hell - Two Quick Reasons to let go Forever Sophist 28 10036 March 5, 2026 at 5:43 am
Last Post: awty
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 33857 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Fear of hell is in our dna... ignoramus 15 5245 September 20, 2018 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 5012 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Death is the beginning WinterHold 41 23855 May 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Apologists that may be lying Bahana 30 13583 April 8, 2018 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Fear Mystic 10 4127 March 28, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 13653 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  What is the logic in "life after death"? Fake Messiah 52 18426 March 11, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: comet



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)