Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 8, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead.
RE: The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead.
(January 24, 2023 at 11:09 am)GrandizerII Wrote:
(January 24, 2023 at 10:10 am)emjay Wrote: No worries... I've always figured we're kind of on the same page (or at least within the same book Wink) in on our thinking on these sorts of things, so I think I know you get it Wink Anyway I may not be the best at articulating my ideas, even to myself, but it doesn't stop them from being genuine philosophical conundrums to me... ie not just wordplay.

Meh, let them say wordplay all they want. I personally find consciousness to be a fascinating topic to explore, and like you, see something "extra" about it that isn't being adequately accounted for in current science.

Funny thing is, when I first joined these forums, I didn't even think there was such a thing as a hard problem (at the time, I thought of consciousness as something that can be entirely described in functionalist terms, and didn't find anything baffling about it).

Also, I find the biggest question for me isn't how/why we exist at all, but rather how/why we are conscious that we exist.

I find it fascinating too... when I'm in the mood for it; I'm sorry about what I said before - I haven't given up on it completely... and it seems I'm just as opinionated as I've always been Wink... it's just I've just been in a bit of a mental funk lately... lacking confidence, feeling inadequate, depressed... and probably projecting quite a lot of that... and it's definitely use it or lose it when it comes to something like philosophy I'm finding... ie for example I've paid a price intellectually for not engaging here as much as I used to. But thankfully this new topic of Objectivism has lit a fire under me, and I'm excited about philosophy again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead. - by emjay - January 24, 2023 at 11:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logical Disproofs of a Biblical Type God JohnJubinsky 28 2699 June 14, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3347 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1670 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Near death experiences are not biblical and the bible itself debunks them (Proof) LetThereBeNoGod 0 1157 February 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
  Jesus, a False Saviour? rolandsanjaya 17 3644 April 11, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Biblical Archaeology 1994Californication 13 3159 January 8, 2016 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 2: Proving Atheism False Heat 18 3520 December 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  God is Dead Rant ManMadeGod 5 1882 December 14, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: ManMadeGod
  False equivalency Heat 51 6183 December 1, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is the Atheism/Theism belief/disbelief a false dichotomy? are there other options? Psychonaut 69 15103 October 5, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor