Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 3:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's the most prominent Christian on this forum?
RE: Who's the most prominent Christian on this forum?
(August 30, 2012 at 5:24 pm)Undeceived Wrote: Indeed it is roughshod. Whether you could simply remove some parts and have the eye remain functional is questionable at best.
No, it isn't, because we see eyes with this or that "part" missing and yet they function. Your contention seems to be that our particular eye in its current state of development requires all of its parts. No shit. Some engines require combustible liquid fuel to push a piston, but that doesn't mean that you can pour gasoline in a steam engines water tank and fire the bastard up, now does it? Remove some part of our eye and it becomes some other type of eye. That our ancillary systems are organized around supporting the eye in our head and not the eye in some other animals head is hardly fucking surprising UD.

Quote:A pinhole eye without the reflective tissues would still need to be processed by capable nerves.
Oh...now we've run off to a brain capable of processing the info.....abandoning eyes already? Too bad, I did already mention that plants exhibit light sensitive and light tracking behavior without actually having a nervous system capable of processing info at all...didn't I?

Quote:There are additional tissues present around the cornea and lens that need to be part of the package.
For our eye at this stage of development yes, but not for those other eyes I mention (or the many other types linked in the articles)

Quote:The cornea and lens themselves require multiple mutations each to grow in the right part of the eye, the right shape and size, at the correct time.
If they didn't we wouldn't have properly functioning eyes -which happens frequently, btw.

Quote: That's IC- when you need a host of random DNA changes to occur at once.
No, you don't, and you definitely don't want random things happening in a biological system at any rate.

Quote: I might also do well to point out that pinhole eyes function best in areas of low-light intensity. An organism making the transition between pinholes and cameras would have to simultaneously move to land, or become diurnal.
Why, cephalopods made the transition and they're still in the water. Good thing that creatures often have multiple ways of gathering intel on their surroundings eh?

Quote: It might need eyelids and eyelashes. All of this while scientists doubt whether the Nautilus is related to primates at all.

Who said Nautilus was related to primates? Nautilus isn't even a fucking cephalopod (which are where my examples all arise) dingus. Btw, care to find the eyelashes or eyelids on an octopus (they come equipped with camera eyes, factory standard)?

I'm sorry, would you be suggesting that "Okay, maybe eyes can evolve...but ours didn't" ? Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's the most prominent Christian on this forum? - by The Grand Nudger - August 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Major Intellectual Issue Most Keeps You From Accepting The Christian Narrative? Captain Hook 324 34395 March 21, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Video Most ignorant thing a Christian has told you Mental Outlaw 64 11010 March 1, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  My adventures: Worth Christian Forum BlackSwordsman 53 7751 June 18, 2014 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  "Prominent atheist blogger" turned catholic -- ever heard of her? Taqiyya Mockingbird 22 11001 July 5, 2012 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda