Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
https://atheistforums.org/thread-15323.html

This thread, this thread, a lot was proven.

There is a post, that it was better to pretend for there to be value and delude humans that there is such a thing, than not create myth and let them think there is no such thing.

We hate the Shamans and Prophets of old, but they steered humans to believing in self-worth.

What if you realized there is no justifying value without God but that God was impossible to exist, what you would do?

I thought I was at that point in that thread. I wanted to believe so badly that value is possible in the Atheism paradigm, but I couldn't believe it.

Yet I thought God was impossible.

You want to see how emotionally traumatized I was, just read that thread.
RE: The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
Your inability to believe in the blisteringly obvious is a comment on your religious indoctrination, and nothing more.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 1, 2018 at 6:18 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: https://atheistforums.org/thread-15323.html

There is a post, that it was better to pretend for there to be value and delude humans that there is such a thing, than not create myth and let them think there is no such thing.

We hate the Shamans and Prophets of old, but they steered humans to believing in self-worth.

What if you realized there is no justifying value without God but that God was impossible to exist, what you would do?

I thought I was at that point in that thread. I wanted to believe so badly that value is possible in the Atheism paradigm, but I couldn't believe it.

Irrelevant! In "The Selfish Gene" Dawkins said much more meaningful things about human's purpose than that. He actually advocates for living our lives in opposition to evolutionary trends. Even if it means our extinction. Read "The Selfish Gene" for yourself MK! It will not burn!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

If words hurt you...

You need to really have a hard time.
(October 31, 2012 at 12:42 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 12:36 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Well, a lot of people do it because they think it helps, but I think most people do it because they believe that it is deserved. And I think people believe they deserve things because they believe that they are responsible for their good or bad, actions, intentions, emotions or thoughts.

Exactly, they believe it's praiseworthy. As I said, belief in praise is foundational. But is it justified? Saying we believe it's praiseworthy makes it's praiseworthy is circular reasoning though.

(October 31, 2012 at 12:42 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: You are clearly over intellectualising living day by day Mystic.

Have you considered that the "Cougar" may represent investment in a cat food company?

Have you considered that living has no rules and we "make it up as we go along" Pragmatism might work in well here.

Have you considered that your religion has poorly prepared you for REAL life?

Have you considered that you "passions" are the very motivation you NEED to move towards you desired outcomes?

IF you have NOT considered at least the few things then izslam has done you a great disservice my dear.

There maybe a reason most humanity hates philosophy, and thinks philosophy is a waste of time.

Because it's best to live irrationally. Without thinking things through. That is how animals live. And we were once animals.

Unfortunately, our drive for wisdom, made us evolve to what we are, but at the same time, having never found it or justified, all our wisdom maybe a delusion.

I want to know sophia. I want to know beautiful wisdom. But maybe wisdom is not so beautiful. But I am driven by a passion for it.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Lots of great posters there.  All of whom make a great deal more sense than you.

I really miss Kichi and ZB.
(April 1, 2018 at 6:26 pm)LastPoet Wrote: If words hurt you...

You need to really have a hard time.

Words hurt, because, like programming a program wrong, we can come out with conclusions that hurt and cause problems. One mistake sometimes in a program causes people to die while they were hoping to make it to outer space.

Guided Reason without misguidance, we need to hold on to it, and if we don't look for God to provide that, who will we look to?

(April 1, 2018 at 6:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Lots of great posters there.  All of whom make a great deal more sense than you.

I really miss Kichi and ZB.

Thanks for letting me know your assessment.  Heart

(April 1, 2018 at 6:25 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(April 1, 2018 at 6:18 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: https://atheistforums.org/thread-15323.html

Irrelevant! In "The Selfish Gene" Dawkins said much more meaningful things about human's purpose than that. He actually advocates for living our lives in opposition to evolutionary trends. Even if it means our extinction. Read "The Selfish Gene" for yourself MK! It will not burn!

There was little talk of Dawkin's. Give the thread a read.

(April 1, 2018 at 6:19 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Your inability to believe in the blisteringly obvious is a comment on your religious indoctrination, and nothing more.

Yeah... k bro. I am the one who has not thought things through Smile
(April 1, 2018 at 6:40 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 1, 2018 at 6:25 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Irrelevant! In "The Selfish Gene" Dawkins said much more meaningful things about human's purpose than that. He actually advocates for living our lives in opposition to evolutionary trends. Even if it means our extinction. Read "The Selfish Gene" for yourself MK! It will not burn!

I read a lot. I am a people of many books. Get back with me if you have read "The Selfish Gene" .

(April 1, 2018 at 6:47 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(April 1, 2018 at 6:40 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:

I read a lot. I am a people of many books. Get back with me if you have read "The Selfish Gene" .

Bro, what you are stating is quite irrelevant to the conversation in that thread.
It is relevant! I have read the thread, I have read the book the OP references, I have read "The Selfish Gene". If you have not MK, you have no business commenting on my posts. Get thee to a library!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything & Nothing possibletarian 0 687 January 13, 2020 at 5:42 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  My Journey from Mormonism to Atheism InquiringMind 10 1697 September 21, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Must We Know Everything? Jenny A 24 3504 March 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Doubting Thomas Exian 15 1802 September 6, 2014 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Life is at the center of everything Heywood 48 13112 March 12, 2014 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This pretty much sums everything up Mudhammam 2 1201 January 16, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Theory of Everything (unifying faith and reason) wisdom searcher 38 15631 April 1, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: oxymoron