Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would any woman want to be Christian?
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian?
Some things in the world are meant to be mocked, insulted, degraded, and generally run through the shitter. Religion. George Bush. Ronald Reagan's corpse. Ditto Joseph Stalin. The Kim Jung family. The Twilight SERIES [I'm not fucking calling it a saga Wiki: ].

What I'm saying here, is that just because something exists doesn't mean I'll like it. And I don't like the ideas religion espouses. I don't like religion in general. Religion has a very bloody, violence-filled past, and has been used for far more evil than what paltry good it can claim to have done. I wouldn't mind religion so much, if every friggin' major religion out there didn't feel the need to make its presence known, loudly, and CONSTANTLY, but it DOES, and they do. I don't like talking about religion because I HATE RELIGION. It used to be something I was apathetic towards. I used to be a kinder, gentler atheist, except once it started being known I was an atheist I started catching all sorts of flak from supposedly kind, loving people. The only time I DON'T get treated differently if it's discovered is in the case of friends, family, and those who are either barely religious, or not religious at all. Almost 10 for 10 is the scorecard on which I get treated like shit by theists because I'm an atheist. The few who do not are so sparse that I can't chalk up anything to their beliefs but rather to their own individual kindness which their religion cannot claim to foster in any event.

I don't want religion gone from the earth. But I DO want religion, and those who participate in it, to kindly shut the fuck up about their beliefs. I don't care if the claims of religion are unsubstantiated. I don't care if the stories they tell are actually pretty abhorrent to subjective modern moral standards. I don't care about any of it. But unfortunately I HAVE to care about it because every damn day, I have to encounter it. I have to encounter it, and I have to encounter smug television personalities smirking with unctuous picture-perfect condescension as they ramble on about how god is good and great and is why anything good happens. I have to listen to music on the radio at my job with singers going on about how great god is and how believing in god somewhat equates to automatically being good, or at least is a requirement for being good. I have to see no less than six churches, giant, ghastly affairs they are, too, during my commute to work, with billboards cheerfully spouting some religious platitudes, and huge stonking crosses so you KNOW what it is. They rub it in my face. EVERY fucking religion rubs the bronze age shit in my face.

And then you know what REALLY fucking gets me? After all this, after I have it shoved in my face every fucking day where I wake up and have to deal with god this and god that in every fucking corner of my life... I go online. And I have Christians with the fucking balls, the unmitigated gall, the ceaseless cojones, the raging organ tissue necessary to actually sit there and go "ATHEISTS ARE ALL LOUD-MOUTH JERKS ONLINE."

So yes. I DO enjoy insulting people for their religious beliefs. Know why? Because you guys aren't happy being stupid to yourselves. You have to be stupid in my face. I have to deal with your stupid every day. And I fucking LOATHE IT. So I insult people for their religious beliefs because after a day of having religious beliefs stuffed into my face, I need to throw it back. It's a therapeutic. And if it is such a problem for religious people? Then they are free to stop the shoving of beliefs into the public view whenever they're ready! Until then? Tough shit.

I am 25. My name is LG. And I hate your religion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by Creed of Heresy - March 7, 2013 at 4:27 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 7:58 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by Fruity - March 11, 2013 at 1:18 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 2:30 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 8:45 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 9:21 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 9:48 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 10:14 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 10:26 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 11:17 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 12:41 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 13, 2013 at 8:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6921 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What if God is a woman Woah0 31 2775 November 26, 2022 at 1:28 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god Foxaèr 82 6215 December 22, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1515 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 6000 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Is this woman nuts? brewer 37 4908 February 15, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian NuclearEnergy 118 17192 April 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why would a perfect being make an imperfect world? Socrates 138 31723 February 25, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8522 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
Thumbs Down Why I Don't Want To Be An Atheist ThePrick 189 18648 November 4, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0