Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would any woman want to be Christian?
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian?
(March 7, 2013 at 3:18 pm)jstrodel Wrote: It is unsurprising that you hate Ronald Reagan and Joseph Stalin in the same passage. You are probably one of those people who thinks that you can run the world from your enlightened ideas and see how everyone else in history who did mean things was wrong, and if you did it differently you would be nice.

No, actually, I don't have any intention, desire, or inclination to run the world...which, in turn, places me in a position already superior to them. You see, power corrupts, and I'm quite happy with not running the risk of letting control go to my head. If I had the chance to do everything differently, the only thing I would do is immediately abdicate. Meanwhile you're probably one of those people that thinks that everything will just work out according to some unknowable will just because. See, difference here is that I have you pegged to the donkey's ass, but you couldn't even get the nail into the right wall with me even if I laid everything bare for you.

Quote:This is the same sort of attitude that leads you to have these kinds of prejudices in the world. I am not sure that I agree with everything that Reagan did, there was a lot of blood spilled in Central America and elsewhere. But he did lead America to overcome the Soviet Union.

Mm-k, first of all, no, actually, it is not. What leads to prejudice is actually one person wronging another and the other getting pissed off about it. Cause and effect. Secondly, Reagan had nothing to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union, and even if he did, what wildly amazing triumph was that, exactly? Was it worth puppeteering a half-score of nations into brutal dictatorships, many of which were actually democracies until he stuck his fat-cat fingers into their business? Was it worth the thousands of dead bodies? Tell me. Is the American flag flapping proudly in the wind for a couple decades worth the thousands of bodies of people who were the very epitome of innocent bystanders?

If you think so, then your moral compass is so fucked up that I'm amazed you manage to find the fridge every day.

Quote:It is sufficient for the enlightened to sit back comfortably and enjoy the hard work that has been built by the toil and sacrifice of those who do not have theoretical prejudices that govern their wills. They do not actually need to understand the right course of action, they need only to come to a sense of what is culturally unappetizing. They call this critical thinking.

Nonsensical generalizations and a strawman in the form of a misrepresentation of "the enlightened," where the generalization comes into play, since you never really defined who these "enlightened" are. Are you saying I am one of the Illuminati? While that would be rather flattering and awesome, I am not.

Quote:I would prefer to live in the real world, and have my love directed towards real people and real problems as opposed to assume that I know the secret to history that enables people to be nicer than everyone else.

Yes. The real world. So says the man who believes god knocked up a virgin, she somehow gave birth to a child even though the hymen is actually a one-way street [if you lived in the real world you would be aware that if a baby was trying to exit through a hymen-protected uterus, it would be crushed], and he turned water into wine, walked on it, and rose from the dead after being confirmed dead on the planks he was nailed to later when he started shit with the local rabbis. So says the man who also follows a book that states that the earth has a firmament, there are four-legged insects [I've never heard of such a thing and neither have any archaeologists or arthropologists], bats are birds, humanity is descended from two individuals [even though the genetic pool would be so limited from this that we would die out within 14 generations at most], the Red Sea just straight up got separated by invisible force fields, millions of jews just all up and left Egypt all at once [even though there has been no evidence whatsoever for this; seriously, we know the intimate details of Tut's life, but not a trace of a million or so jews who supposedly were kept under yoke and later freed en mass all at once. Funny, that.], the earth was flooded entirely [even though there is no evidence for this, either, quite the opposite in fact, there's lots of evidence that this NEVER happened], and is strangely silent about skydaddy's dinosaurs.

No, do tell me more about the real world. What's that? You can't because you are deluded beyond measure in fictional claims and half-baked myths? Ah. That's a shame. If you don't mind, I'm going to continue paying more attention to scientific pursuits...you know, the thing that keeps making that god of the gaps shrink away every day bit by bit, yet solves those REAL problems...like, you know...AIDS, and diabetes, and cancer [or at least it's trying to], and smallpox, and TB, and the questions of evolution, the universe's origins, the operations of the universe and how and why it functions that way.

I'm sure you have very pressing matters to attend to, yourself. Like thinking that all the problems in the world are caused by not everybody getting on their knees and submitting to a non-existent entity.

ROFLOL

(March 8, 2013 at 12:43 am)whateverist Wrote: Why would any woman want to be Christian?

I got a little nauseous just scrolling through some of the enormous quotes before I even got to some of the epic walls of new words. You'll have to forgive me if some of these potential reasons have already been covered:

• Low self-esteem;

• Self loathing;

• Penis envy;

• Womb pride;

• Or perhaps she was just brought up in an environment oppressive to women, such as a good Christian home.

Whateverist, if I could give you a hundred kudos for that post, I would click the mouse button to do so so damn hard.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by Creed of Heresy - March 8, 2013 at 9:23 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 7:58 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by Fruity - March 11, 2013 at 1:18 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 2:30 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 8:45 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 9:21 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 9:48 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 10:14 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 10:26 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 11:17 am
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 12, 2013 at 12:41 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by EGross - March 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm
RE: Why would any woman want to be Christian? - by John V - March 13, 2013 at 8:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6927 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What if God is a woman Woah0 31 2777 November 26, 2022 at 1:28 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god Foxaèr 82 6218 December 22, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1516 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 6001 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Is this woman nuts? brewer 37 4914 February 15, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian NuclearEnergy 118 17214 April 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why would a perfect being make an imperfect world? Socrates 138 31725 February 25, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8522 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
Thumbs Down Why I Don't Want To Be An Atheist ThePrick 189 18660 November 4, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0