Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
#74
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
(October 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm)Zazzy Wrote: And they're on firmer ground than you are.
I disagree, but neither do I fault them. Principle v. practicality can be a tough issue.
Quote:Except that it's not a practical solution.
It would reduce deaths - seems practical top me.
Quote:So because I have the means to do so, I'll go to a civilized country for my medical care, and you can just force poor women into reproductive slavery, or injury from illegal abortions. That's awesome, and SO practical.
you seem to think women are animals who can't help but to spread their legs when they're in heat. I have more respect for them than that.
Quote:And I keep telling you that this is a disgusting position. That you hold it is sickening. What a great rationalization for suffering babies. Again, if your god turned out to be real, I would do everything I could to fuck with it, the nasty asshole.
As you support killing them preemptively so that their mothers don't become reproductive slaves, whatever the heck that is, I think you're sick and disgusting as well.
Quote:It seems you are saying you WOULD pick a child to die
Yes, if the child is going to die anyway, and allowing it to do so would save the lives of many others, of course I would.
Quote:- or even kill it yourself-
No, I wouldn't, and your attempt to demonize your opponent is telling.
Quote:to save a bus full of kids. 'K.
What would you do - let all of them die because it wouldn't be fair to single out one of them?

(October 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm)Zazzy Wrote: It's not a distraction. Your disgusting post about how such suffering is insignificant is the root of this whole conversation. You said DIRECTLY that such suffering is insignificant. If you didn't mean that, then say what you actually meant and quit whining about being mischaracterized.
The mischaracterization I'm speaking of is your taking a position from a debate and assuming you know from that how I would speak to a family which had just gone through this.

ETA: You'd probably think it a mischaracterization if I proposed that you would tell a family who had just received news of a terrible genetic condition in their unborn baby by flippantly saying "Just abort it, it's no big deal." That statement would be in line with your position, but I would assume you'd be more tactful if in the actual situation than you are in an online debate. Apparently you don't extend the benefit of the doubt which you receive from me.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How can ... kind of thing to happen? - by DLJ - October 22, 2013 at 8:46 am
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? - by John V - October 22, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 7124 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 32186 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 5140 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 8063 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: awty
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 4337 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1382 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 29005 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 5111 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 10344 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church? Der/die AtheistIn 15 5051 December 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)