Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
#76
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
(October 22, 2013 at 2:40 pm)John V Wrote: Principle v. practicality can be a tough issue.
On this I agree.
Quote:It would reduce deaths - seems practical top me.
It would not. It would force abortion into back alleys.
Quote:you seem to think women are animals who can't help but to spread their legs when they're in heat. I have more respect for them than that.

I am a woman, and I like sex. Some women do and some women don't. Despite best intentions, often birth control fails. I think women are grown folk who can decide what to do with their own bodies. Your position reduces them to baby mills- like we do to breeding animals.
Quote:As you support killing them preemptively so that their mothers don't become reproductive slaves, whatever the heck that is, I think you're sick and disgusting as well.
I don't support anyone having an abortion or not having an abortion. It's none of my business what other women do with their own bodies. I can only make my own choices, and help make sure other women get the same choices I have. Pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion, as I'm sure you already know.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to see the number of abortions in this country reduced, just for different reasons than you.
Quote:
Quote:It seems you are saying you WOULD pick a child to die
Yes, if the child is going to die anyway, and allowing it to do so would save the lives of many others, of course I would.
How would you pick?
Quote:
Quote:- or even kill it yourself-
No, I wouldn't, and your attempt to demonize your opponent is telling.
So it's OK to let it die, but not OK to kill it. Gotcha. You're doing a fine job of demonizing yourself, John.
Quote:What would you do - let all of them die because it wouldn't be fair to single out one of them?
I honestly don't know what I'd do in this situation. I hope I never find myself in it.
Quote:The mischaracterization I'm speaking of is your taking a position from a debate and assuming you know from that how I would speak to a family which had just gone through this.
So if there is a family that had just gone through this that read your post, they'd be mischaracterizing you if they felt that you didn't know fuck-all about their position and that your words were judgmental of and hurtful to them?
Quote:ETA: You'd probably think it a mischaracterization if I proposed that you would tell a family who had just received news of a terrible genetic condition in their unborn baby by flippantly saying "Just abort it, it's no big deal." That statement would be in line with your position
Damned straight it would be a mischaracterization, since it wouldn't be in line with my position. As I have consistently said (and as you have consistently ignored because it doesn't fit into your feminazi stereotype), I don't get to make any decisions for anyone else about their reproductive issues, and I don't have the right to judge anybody for the decisions they make about such an event in their lives- whether due to an early fatal disease or not.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How can ... kind of thing to happen? - by DLJ - October 22, 2013 at 8:46 am
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? - by Zazzy - October 22, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 7124 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 32159 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 5121 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 8062 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: awty
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 4332 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1378 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 28990 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 5110 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 10334 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church? Der/die AtheistIn 15 5051 December 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)