Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
(December 10, 2013 at 11:43 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(December 10, 2013 at 11:26 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: How. Much they alter the odds is a matter of debate, and I think there are things that can alter the odds significantly. However anyone saying it is the victims faults is a pig, plain and simple. It is not the women's fault and nor should she think like that. And as for martial rape there is something you can do about that, expose Muslim marriage laws, as they are responsible for much of that (not all) of that phenomena. I also think that is the most disgusting form of rape besides pedophilia.
The reason I say rape cannot be prevented by the potential victim is because you never know when these things will happen. Yes you can make institutional changes like education, abolishing child marriage, clearing up what imams are telling muslims about marriage and sex, but those are not things that a woman can do to keep herself safe on a day to day basis. I'm arguing that on that basis there's almost nothing that makes it significant. I am willing to concede that moving to a neighbourhood/country with lower rape stats will better your chances (if you can), but I can't think of anything else.

Have a look at this website: http://projectunbreakable.tumblr.com/

It really shows how often rape is committed by someone you know. I almost feel like the type where you get grabbed on a road is the minority. Mostly you know them. They have access to you. You even trust them. What can an individual do to protect themselves from so many unknowns?
You may not like this answer, but I say bear mace will go a long way. Some tries to rape, mace him.
However in truth I agree with the essence of what you say, you will never eliminate the crime completely. I just feel that when women act as if there is nothing they can do to help reduce risk that leaves them powerless even though it is not true.

(December 10, 2013 at 12:27 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I contributed to this thread with every intention of participating, but it's too sad for me and I'm bowing out. Zazzy's doing a great job.

Yeah, but these I sometimes think are the important talks. I for one welcome your input.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist - by Lemonvariable72 - December 10, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 8037 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2496 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2857 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 3072 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3664 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 5155 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 2391 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 3097 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 10315 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 107663 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos