Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
(December 12, 2013 at 11:44 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(December 12, 2013 at 10:33 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Actually the sexes are set against each other by biology. So it's not that absurd, we're merely trying to conquer our biology with our intellect when striving for equality. Equality doesn't come naturally to us.

But is that what they want to do? Because that's how feminism started, sort of, because women's issues cannot be talked about by women and be taken seriously. (Nowadays it's better but in some cases you still cannot do that without being called a manhater) If we want to achieve equality and escape this "battle of the sexes" model, just seems like the separation won't get us there.

And feminism groups are formed by people who feel like they do not have the opportunity to talk about these issues without the backing and resources of the group.

I'll have a look.

When women do not enjoy equal rights as men do, then there is no equality. When women enjoy these rights, there's equality for both men and women because they're now more equal in the rights they legally enjoy.

Uh yeah of course. That said these feminists groups are not fighting for equality, many of these people want superiority. If they fighting for equality then why do they freak out over the idea of men meeting to discuss issues from their perspective. Given how they react when men disagree with them, I find it difficult to believe these people want equality. Let me say it like this, women should have groups where they can meet and discuss issues and campaign for rights, just don't try to tell me you want everyone when in most cases you don't. ( I don't use you to refer to you specifically.

Evidence that they're fighting for superiority would examples of things they're fighting for, not how they react to men's groups. In any case, if these men's groups really want equality, then why are they reacting to feminism by calling them feminazis? There is bad behaviour on both sides I'm not sure why you're giving the men a free pass, is it merely because feminism "started it"? Or is it because men's groups are not for equality, they're just for men's rights, so it's in line with their agenda to be the way they are? And I think I said before that feminism is incredibly broad these days and being a feminist doesn't mean you support every movement that is going on that is backed by various feminist groups, and there are also a lot of feminist groups and a lot of men are feminists so clearly they are part of the picture. The thing is rights for women is not an isolated issue, it affects everyone considering women are 50% of the population, it's not solely women's problem, it's everyone's problem. So if a feminist group excludes people on the basis on their gender then obviously they're discriminatory but that isn't the idea of feminism and obviously not the best way to go about getting things done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist - by pineapplebunnybounce - December 12, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 8037 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2496 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2857 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 3072 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3664 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 5155 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 2391 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 3097 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 10315 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 107663 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos