Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
(December 12, 2013 at 10:52 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: In a lot of communities the idea that women are worth less is so ingrained culturally for so long that it has to be the first thing to go to make any real progress. And it's not just religions, for example in chinese communities women have been taught to be less valuable for centuries because we don't pass on the family name, so in China, orphans are almost exclusively female because of one child policy, people do not want their one and only child to be male. So much so that the government no longer allows them to screen for sex when doing ultrasound, something that many westerners enjoy and delight in because it's a great surprise to find out the sex of your child, but in china it's used as family planning. And if I'm not mistaken the same thing is done in India, you are allowed to know the sex of your child but a lot of people abort if they know it's a girl. And China can hardly be considered 3rd world, people there are educated and women enjoy equal rights but the cultural idea of female worth is still so strong. I don't know, the world's a mess. But yea I definitely agree that a lot of religious clerics and teachings are not at all helping the cause.
Mhm and Chinese culture is deeply racist too, they take what westerns say and often throw it out. Of course is true of a lot of the far east. needless to say the world is a mess, and the problems are complex multifaceted and can manifest in surprising ways. Still we need people thinking up and at least trying solutions.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist - by Lemonvariable72 - December 12, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6547 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2052 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2404 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2550 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3129 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4854 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 2065 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2773 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 9355 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 94382 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos