Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 7:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage discrimination struck down in Arkansas.
RE: Marriage discrimination struck down in Arkansas.
(May 11, 2014 at 5:38 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: They do not meet the proper criteria to be married, meaning. The concept of marriage aims to create families, families that fit the description of the traditions associated with marriage.

As has been pointed out to you before, I suppose this means you're also against straight marriage in cases of infertility, disinterest in having kids, and the elderly?

No, of course not. Because this "purpose of marriage" bullshit is a smokescreen over the real answer, which is that you're just grossed out by it. I dunno, if you really thought your reasons were compelling would you have to concoct cover stories to obscure them? Thinking

Quote:But since the liberal and rootless cosmopolitan mentality tries to tear down everything related to traditional social norms and institutions, they try to re-define what marriage actually tries to accomplish.

Yes, because everyone who disagrees with you is part of a giant evil conspiracy to get you! Grow up. Rolleyes

Quote:Another thing is to normalize homosexuality by giving it what it never had before, legitimacy.

And if anyone gets to determine what's legitimate, it's you, ain't it? Rolleyes

Quote:Traditions are changed via majority consensus. The way I see it, the minority forces its ways upon the majority consensus.

See, this is how completely divorced from reality you are: As of right now, you are in the minority. You have been for at least a year, and that means that, by your own logic, you continuing to stand in the way of gay marriage is a bad thing you should stop, right?

After all, you wouldn't want to be forcing your ways upon the majority, would you? Dodgy

Quote:Well, I'd say that heterosexual relationships are what is considered normal, and anything else is considered abnormal. I think that there is a consensus to that in any part of the world you visit.
And in any part of the world, marriage is defined by the standards of normal people, by that, heterosexuals who have at least some use for marriage.

It's interesting that you keep appealing to the majority as though you're still a part of that. Thinking

Quote:Acceptance is one thing, redefining society according to them is another thing.
Besides, for that to happen, like me being part of the minority in this regard, I'd say that you'd need to brainwash at least 5 more generations with your pro-gay bullshit.

Sorry, we're already there. And I'm not sorry: do you have anything for an argument beyond dishonest well poisoning? For a guy who keeps bitching about the redefining of terms you seem pretty bent on forcing the language of the discussion into one sided rhetoric.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marriage discrimination struck down in Arkansas. - by Esquilax - May 12, 2014 at 2:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1196 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 557 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1686 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1711 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1582 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4826 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Meanwhile, Down on the Border Yonadav 6 844 March 11, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  The further dumbing down of the POTUS Joods 6 927 September 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1701 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1757 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger