Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 2:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What am I? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or Independent?
RE: What am I? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or Independent?
(June 21, 2014 at 10:58 am)Heywood Wrote: I'm staunchly pro-life so I basically always vote republican. However if Obama were pro-life and Romney were pro-choice(but both otherwise the same) I would have voted for Obama even though I think he is the worst president ever. I am a one issue voter in that respect. Many of my positions don't mix with the republican platform so I don't like to call myself a republican.

The fact that you are a self confessed one issue voter makes your thoughts on other issues irrelevant. Your issue and your stance on it makes you a Republican by default. Not withstanding your freedom to discuss and share your ideas about other political topics, for all intents and purposes you are a Republican.

I loathe one issue voters. One issue voters or these lazy pieces of shit that want a party line vote option on ballots contribute to the partisan malaise we experience. There's absolutely no reason to discuss issues or compromise on solutions if everyone can go home, say the usual shit, and stamp their ticket back to D.C.

Abortion is only an issue because Republican office seekers know they can get people like you to vote for them. The abortion laws as they exist today are a good compromise. Neither side is fully satisfied, but the system works compared to what was happening before Roe v. Wade. Let it fucking go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What am I? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or Independent? - by Cato - June 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1652 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 800 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 295 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1209 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 646 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1132 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Independent Voters on the trump presidency Joods 31 2762 October 18, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 642 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1501 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8556 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye