Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A personal and worry question
Sad 
A personal and worry question
How do I start this without sounding like I'm writing a sob story? Suffice to say it isn't and the intent of this thread is to get it off my chest. My mother and her siblings were the victims of emotional and physical abuse from their Father. It was common back then with the cain being in fashion and all but from what I've heard he took it to new levels of cruelty. He and one of her younger brothers died when she was about eighteen. I can't divulge more than that as I fear I may have already given away too many personal details, needless to say its complicated but the basic result was this:

1. Uncle one became a runaway and as a result got into drugs and all sorts of trouble. Hes fine now but the marks are still there. He hides them well, he is still angry with his Father.

2. Uncle two became materialistic and emotionally detatched, ironically he now holds one of the highest positions in social services now.

3. Uncle three is like an exaggerated version of uncle two who shows absoloutely no regard for anyone else but himself. He moved to New Zealand.

4. Uncle four died of cystic fibrosis. I never knew him.

5. My Mother married my Dad became an alcoholic who blames herself for everything, including the abuse and the deaths in her family. She can't move on.

6. My Brother married a vile woman with no values or morales. Hes not the sharpest knife in the draw and he was driven by the desire to find a place for himself and start a family. She preyed on him with ease. He now has four prolapsed discs from overworking and four kids to go with them. He does everything, his wife does nothing.

Why am I going through this list? For the millionth time I just had to snatch a wine glass out of my mothers glass while she stared at a cd player while it played a song she knew form her childhood verging on tears. Shes been buckling from the pressure of babysitting my moron brother.. My Father doesn't seem to care too much and even attempted to debate my suggestion that we should get her councilling.

I have many problems of my own. It would take up too much space to explain them and I've taken up enough. I am going to get over my Agoraphobia eventually, I know I will. Its not even a question in my mind. I'm not dying here, I've come too far.
This in mind, I asked myself a question tonight:
What do I do once I have overcome it?
This is all such a mess. Do I even have a chance at fixing it? Should I just leave? Start a new life away from all of this? Could I forgive myself if I did? I've survived enough, I'm lucky to be alive let alone sane. There was a time it wouldn't even of crossed my mind, abandoning my own family but... I don't owe them a damn thing. I've earnt the right to leave this all behind. If theres anyone to blame for the way I am now then its them... yet... I don't know... thats not me. I don't know.
It bounces between self-preservation and moral obligation. I could walk away, I have every right to... but then how would I be any different from my uncles. If I stick around and try to help theres nothing to stop me from getting dragged down with the rest of these loons, the "its the right thing to do" disney shit doesn't cut it here.
I need to make a decision and I need to make a game plan, I also need a smoke. -.-
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
A personal and worry question - by Reforged - June 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by jackman - June 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by twocompulsive - June 3, 2012 at 9:40 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by Erinome - June 3, 2012 at 10:03 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by Reforged - June 3, 2012 at 11:11 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by Autumnlicious - June 3, 2012 at 10:14 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by Autumnlicious - June 4, 2012 at 12:41 am
RE: A personal and worry question - by Angrboda - June 4, 2012 at 3:07 am
RE: A personal and worry question - by twocompulsive - June 4, 2012 at 11:22 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by Whateverist - June 4, 2012 at 11:41 pm
RE: A personal and worry question - by Godschild - June 5, 2012 at 1:47 am
RE: A personal and worry question - by Anomalocaris - June 5, 2012 at 1:57 am
RE: A personal and worry question - by Angrboda - June 5, 2012 at 2:03 am
RE: A personal and worry question - by Godschild - June 5, 2012 at 2:24 am
Re: A personal and worry question - by fr0d0 - June 5, 2012 at 4:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your personal decision Foxaèr 7 849 February 21, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Headaches and your Personal Experience. Disagreeable 26 884 February 11, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Duty
Bug Is your personal web site malicious? JohnMBauer 8 696 May 24, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  When your relatives worry you, part Xth. Gawdzilla Sama 8 900 February 21, 2020 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Advice on a personal matter Sterben 39 4016 April 7, 2017 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Don't worry about me! Mystic 14 869 March 19, 2017 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  post pic of your workspace/pc area/personal lair Marsellus Wallace 33 5043 September 2, 2015 at 4:38 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  New personal rule... Iroscato 17 3321 July 19, 2015 at 6:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why I don't approach on a more personal level Foxaèr 12 2048 May 27, 2015 at 10:22 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  Worry and Control Edwardo Piet 14 1632 May 6, 2015 at 7:24 am
Last Post: emjay