Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I don't approach on a more personal level
Why I don't approach on a more personal level
I am quite anti social.  Even online.  Sadly.

Socializing only became foreign to me later in life, when I realized that I honestly do not care about humanity, even to the degree that atheism will annoy me.

I can admire and respect fellow atheists.  The theists, after all, are the ones in dire need of reality checks.

Socialization is not fun.  In fact, it is painful.  Why anyone would want to fake social constructs in order for order to continue is beyond me.  It just seems to me that one should actually mean what he states rather than for the continuation of a social construct that is mere indifference rather than true concern.  

I cannot and will not go around town spouting, "Hi, how are you" as though I actually give a fuck.  Therefore, receiving the same greeting from others only reinforces the truth that I am being played and emotionally manipulated.  

Rather than become susceptible to such ingenuity, I will fight against the social construct that is mere fiction and resembles nothing of reality.  
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Why I don't approach on a more personal level
I tend to agree with your outlook, but you know, I can go through life miserable and lonely or pretend to have a fucking good time!
Yeah, I've pretended to be happy for so long, it's grown on me like fungi! And for some stupid reason, people like me better this way, you know, superficial and all....

someone here can help with the real issues (privately) if you like. That's the sort of nasty heathens we are...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 27, 2015 at 1:58 am)Kitan Wrote: I cannot and will not go around town spouting, "Hi, how are you" as though I actually give a fuck.  

Then move to Europe. No one will notice here if you don't, because no one does it.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Right, people generally leave you alone in England. Most people will just ignore you in fact.

I agree, I don't like people being fake. That annoys me. I always try and mean everything I say, within reason. Sometimes awkward situations with difficult people require a bit of tongue biting or evasion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I can totally relate to the sentiments expressed in the OP. However, after years and years of struggling with social interaction and resulting alienation and depression - I'm suspecting I have some underlying psychological disorder(s) and am almost ready to seek professional help.

I mean - misanthropy is all good and well, but I'm beginning to think suicide ideation is not a healthy thing...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
[Image: m201e.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Thanks for writing this - And I'm not playing the social niceness card, I really mean thank you because I identify with much of what you've written. Meeting new people is a painful act for me and I avoid it. I hate it when strangers talk to me as if I gave them permission. In fact, most people I am around everyday annoy me eventually. I can perfectly fake a smile and say "Hi, how are you?" etc but I don't mean it most of the time unless it's my girlfriend. I don't talk much and I hate it when people tell me I need to be more extrovert. I have trouble socially interacting and making my point - Sometimes I feel like telling people to go fuck themselves and be done with it, but I'm too afraid to be rude because I live in a culture where politeness is highly valued. I don't distinguish between theists and atheists - Atheists are right about one thing and that's it, my parents are getting more moronic everyday and they are both atheists.

I took a small course in public communication and public speech and it turned out quite well - My problem isn't speaking in public or loudly, it's people themselves - They annoy me. When I find someone I appreciate it's a rare treasure. If I told anyone what I think of them I would have problems living in this society.

My parents are morons, they are always right and everything they do is justified - Tradition matters and what is tradition must be correct. My professors are assholes with one or two exceptions, they are equally always right and they prefer spouting the same old rhetoric and their opinion instead of actually teaching the material and showing different perspectives. Most people talk about things I don't care and sometimes even despise. I have few people to talk to aside from my girlfriend. The only things that calm me down are music and cigarettes.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

We are constantly at war with our ego. I believe it mainly comes down to that.
Politicians are very diplomatic and we know that that they're nothing but a bunch of lying cunts ...But hey, they drive the beemers, not me!
At some point we need to do what is right and for the benefit of us, not our fragile ego's.
The quicker we learn the fake smile, unfortunately, the easier we will go through life... It sucks, I know... fighting it is harder, for me.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 27, 2015 at 1:58 am)Kitan Wrote: I am quite anti social.  Even online.  Sadly.

Socializing only became foreign to me later in life, when I realized that I honestly do not care about humanity, even to the degree that atheism will annoy me.

I can admire and respect fellow atheists.  The theists, after all, are the ones in dire need of reality checks.

Socialization is not fun.  In fact, it is painful.  Why anyone would want to fake social constructs in order for order to continue is beyond me.  It just seems to me that one should actually mean what he states rather than for the continuation of a social construct that is mere indifference rather than true concern.  

I cannot and will not go around town spouting, "Hi, how are you" as though I actually give a fuck.  Therefore, receiving the same greeting from others only reinforces the truth that I am being played and emotionally manipulated.  

Rather than become susceptible to such ingenuity, I will fight against the social construct that is mere fiction and resembles nothing of reality.  
Just because you are lonely human being who takes no interests in others doesn't mean everyone else is only pretending to.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
I have a song which I think sums up the mood nicely.

http://youtu.be/qxAQr0Ndlus
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your personal decision Foxaèr 7 848 February 21, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Headaches and your Personal Experience. Disagreeable 26 882 February 11, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Duty
Bug Is your personal web site malicious? JohnMBauer 8 694 May 24, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  Why don't we name tornadoees like hurricanes? Brian37 19 1687 April 26, 2020 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Another Genius Level Question BrianSoddingBoru4 8 645 December 4, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How to approach relationships? Macoleco 25 1394 October 16, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  Why are there more crazies these days? ignoramus 24 7086 June 1, 2017 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Advice on a personal matter Sterben 39 4011 April 7, 2017 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Sterben
  What level of dominance/submission do you expect from a romantic partner? paulpablo 51 14114 February 13, 2017 at 6:08 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3917 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA