Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 bombshells some atheists are not aware of
5 bombshells some atheists are not aware of
Following on from a recent post in another thread I decided to drop a few very interesting bombshells.

These can all be verified with a little effort (I'm not doing all the work for you).

1. Darwin never once uses either the word ‘ape’ or ‘apes’ in his work ‘On The Origin of Species’, so he could never have said Humans were descendants of or shared a common ancestor with apes.
2. Richard Dawkins has never called himself an atheist, he actually considers himself to be agnostic.
3. Early on in Dawkins’ book, ‘The God Delusion’, he points out that no one can have total certainty that God does or does not exist.
4. Darwin had little faith in fossil records ever proving his theory of Evolution, he considered them too incomplete.
5. Sir Isaac Newton had an interest in the occult, he studied alchemy and believed he would discover The Philosopher’s Stone, a material capable of turning base metal into gold. He also believed that metals ‘possessed a sort of life’.

Enjoy,

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)

Messages In This Thread
5 bombshells some atheists are not aware of - by ManMachine - May 1, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who do not atheists believe? Interaktive 12 2345 March 25, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Are some theists afraid of atheists? Der/die AtheistIn 146 48580 June 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Legal Inquiry: Atheists and Affirmations (Not Oaths) Secular Elf 38 10318 August 15, 2017 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  2014 article in online science journal: "Atheists Might Not Exist" Whateverist 15 4088 July 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why Some Atheists Reject Morality: The Other Side of the Coin Rhondazvous 20 5201 June 27, 2015 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  Atheists not allowed to join FreeMasonry superAtheistnut 19 3762 April 19, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists Could Not Answer This Question. kirkvin 34 8028 April 28, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: FifthElement
  To those who were once believers and are now atheists, some advice? *Deidre* 20 5480 March 19, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  QualiaSoup has some great YouTube videos for atheists and believers alike Mudhammam 0 1480 January 29, 2014 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam