Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here.
Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here.
This is definitely not representative of all but to me is over all been summary of experience as far as the Theist/Atheistic debate goes.

Theist: I believe in God.

Atheist: Why?

Theist: Explains...

Atheist: That's personal and you can't prove that to us. It's useless to us and you are probably deluded.

Theist1: That's ok, I'm not here to convince you.

Atheist: If God was known to you, he would be known to us, if he existed he would be provable, can you even define God...can you even explain what you experienced....etc..etc...

Theist2: Explains but I also have arguments to prove belief in God is rational and think these arguments are strong reasons to believe in God.

Atheist:  Your arguments are wrong....(some even say arguments are useless, we need evidence...physical evidence!!)

Theist2: I believe my arguments are right - they seem to be decisively true.

Atheist:  There are no good arguments for God, you simply want to believe, etc, etc, preaching mode...

Theist2: let's discuss the arguments patiently and see.

Atheist: What argument, there is nothing to discuss, it's invalid, it's premises are just bare assertions etc etc...

Theist2: Eh, these arguments.....

Atheist: Invalid, unproven, bare assertion, etc etc....

Theist2: I don't think it's invalid due to this and that...it's not a bare assertion but etc etc...

Atheist: No it's.......

Theist3: I believe in my religion due to this and that.

Atheist: All religions are same, where is the proof, where is the evidence...why doesn't God talk to all of us..why didn't he this.

Theist3: Well..from my understanding..this and that...

Atheist: LOL excuses, just making excuses to believe in your religion.

Theist3: Let'd discuss the reasons and leave the issue of God on hold....

Atheist: Of course if you are going to justify your belief by your belief in God then..........every religion can claim the same thing about their religion, their god, etc...

Theist3: But these are the reasons I believe in this and they seem to imply this religion is unique in that this and that......and I believe in these reasons because of this and that.

Atheist: "Preach mode", religion is bad , it's this and that, we can do without it, etc. etc........

Theist3: I agree religion over all is bad because over all they are falsely taught but...

Atheist: Your religion too...this and that...

Theist3: But I believe if people only.......

Atheist: No true scottsman! + your God pathetic for not making sure people followed the message....etc etc...if it was clear this and that...

My question: how will we go past this..........

Is there a better way to have dialogue over this issue?

Messages In This Thread
Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here. - by MysticKnight - January 10, 2016 at 10:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 456 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2025 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2047 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 12022 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 151079 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16627 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 12797 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3534 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1120 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Hug a Theist vulcanlogician 31 5606 December 23, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman