Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ?
RE: Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ?
(November 17, 2017 at 6:35 pm)SteveII Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 5:20 pm)Khemikal Wrote: If I -know- that you're going to turn left...can you turn right? If you can.....just what did I know, again?  Not that it matters either way.  God doesn't have to know a damned thing for this whole redemptive scheme to be bunk...and by the looks of the redemptive scheme..."not a damned thing" seems like an accurate summary of what god knows.

This isn't hard to understand--you should be able to keep up.

God does not know that you turned right (so there is no fact of the matter for him to know), he can anticipate, without error, all the steps leading up to your decision--including the way you think--so what he knows is what you will decide.  Just like I know that my wife will choose chocolate over vanilla except with a infinite mind with all knowable facts and counterfactuals available to him.

Then that simply brings us back to asking, why did he allow people to be born, whom he knew would suffer eternally ?

(November 17, 2017 at 6:35 pm)SteveII Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 5:20 pm)Khemikal Wrote: If I -know- that you're going to turn left...can you turn right? If you can.....just what did I know, again?  Not that it matters either way.  God doesn't have to know a damned thing for this whole redemptive scheme to be bunk...and by the looks of the redemptive scheme..."not a damned thing" seems like an accurate summary of what god knows.

This isn't hard to understand--you should be able to keep up.

God does not know that you turned right (so there is no fact of the matter for him to know), he can anticipate, without error, all the steps leading up to your decision--including the way you think--so what he knows is what you will decide.  Just like I know that my wife will choose chocolate over vanilla except with a infinite mind with all knowable facts and counterfactuals available to him.
Bold and Italics mine*

The what is prophecy then if not god knowing what you will do ?  How do you separate god predicting with absolute certainty, and knowing, and therefore responsibility ?
How could I have a choice if god 'knew' what a person would choose, does that person then exist for the purpose of hell only ?
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? - by possibletarian - November 17, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 564 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 539 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3143 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13116 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1492 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19086 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1664 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2109 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5861 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8491 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda