Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 10:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims
RE: Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims
(April 19, 2018 at 5:11 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(April 19, 2018 at 5:08 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The cases aren't parallel.  I can accuse you directly of anything I like, and you can tell me to fuck off.  If I levy a false accusation against you to some other party, it becomes defamation, which is illegal.

Boru

I don't really see the difference,  since this is a public forum, there is an audience even if it's not the same as Alex Jones., Think of the floodgates that would open if the family won. Everyone could be sued for conspiracy videos or even certain shit talking online.

They won't win though. So it doesn't really matter.

Also Alex Jones didn't make up this conspiracy.  Someone else did and he's just promotes it. I mean why Jones? Is every YouTuber who promotes this, or 9/11 truther nonsense subject to lawsuit?

Yeah, if he didn't originally make this stuff up, then the families are technically going after the wrong party. They need to go after whomever started the conspiracy to begin with. This amounts to nothing more than shooting the messenger, which, in this case, as much as I loathe Jones, is a violation of his First Amendment rights. 

That guy shouldn't be allowed a platform for the shit that he does, but if we take away his right to do that, then we might as well take away everyone's rights and abolish the First amendment all together. That amendment is there to ensure that everyone has a right to say what they want to say, within reason. If it offends some people - then those people will have to stay offended. Chances are, at some point in their lives, they too, have said something to offend someone else. No one is perfect. 

Again - if Jones wasn't the originator, but just the catalyst, then there are no merits of this case that the family can win because they really have no ground to stand on. They need to place their suit with whom ever started this.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims - by Joods - April 19, 2018 at 3:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kanye West on Alex Jones paulpablo 391 23492 December 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1869 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Pope sued Foxaèr 12 887 November 29, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Memorials to the victims of the COVID-19 Prof.Lunaphiles 4 416 April 20, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7754 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2439 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Alex Jones and Infowars gets 'disappeared' - are we headed in the right direction? Angrboda 203 24756 December 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Parents form "prayer circle" over gay stage kiss Foxaèr 14 1720 November 13, 2018 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12484 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Melania visits kids taken from their parents? Brian37 36 4649 June 22, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37