Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
(June 18, 2013 at 1:31 am)Polaris Wrote:
(June 17, 2013 at 11:21 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Of course he ignores the flat out proof his assertion is wrong, of course.

What gringo? Hitler did have a history with the Church, but I see it not that he believed, but that he used the beliefs of the Christian majority in Germany to achieve his own goals...

Because, lemme guess, no True Christian would commit atrocities, huh?

Awfully convenient, that time traveling telepathic power you have, that allows you to see into the hearts of men long dead in order to tell us the truth, that his beliefs didn't match the actions we use to confirm his beliefs today.

(June 17, 2013 at 11:22 pm)Palko Wrote: If I was an atheist, I would be living life to the fullest for myself, now and every second I breathe, because there is nothing at the end. Your life on earth will end at any time and then the world will forget your name and no one will care.
What a wonderful reality!

Who says I don't just like having these debates? Big Grin

Besides, just because in time the memory of me will fade doesn't mean my existence was any less meaningful. It doesn't happen less, because it won't persist; it's up to me to make my life the best one I can.

And really, if I wanted to, I could broach the idea that your life is just as troubling, since you believe this life to be just a test run, a giant cosmic joke with the real thing yet to come. But we both know that's not true, and that nothing that comes after, or before, could diminish the precious few years we have in this reality, the only life we know for sure we have.

Quote:However, I do believe in a loving, heavenly Father who is both merciful and just and this is my motivation in life, to give to others, to love people. Hope brings peace,

And your god doesn't have the market cornered on hope.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already - by Esquilax - June 18, 2013 at 1:46 am
RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already - by Palko - June 17, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7960 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15539 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 10150 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31520 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4195 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Creatards are Idiots. We Already Know That. Minimalist 19 3801 February 25, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51989 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 30031 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6726 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 2986 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman