Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(August 1, 2015 at 11:47 am)Rekeisha Wrote:
(July 27, 2015 at 7:34 am)Brakeman Wrote: You've MET god!! Wow! Finally after all these years they're going to add pages to the bible. You must be soo excited to get your meeting and the words that god spoke to you emblazoned in the bible. Was god still kinda quirky and refuse to allow you to see his face and only show his buttocks? Did god challenge you to a karate match or is he still into wrestling?

Actually, since we're atheists and deny the holy spirit, god hates us and won't forgive us according to the bible. God only loves people who believe in ridiculous fairy tales.

He didn't die for me, he died for himself because he couldn't forgive us without ridiculous ancient blood rituals. I would suggested that he just smoke a doobie and chill out. All he had to do to forgive us is just say "it's ok."  ---But to an ancient middle eastern goat herder making up these stories, that would lack drama.

No there is not.

Getting "better"?? we evolve all the time, of course we're getting better. Better at survival to pass our genome on. The value judgment you're describing as "better" is just that, a value judgment from a delusional person who thinks he/she hears messages from a telepathic invisible god.

Have you read the entire bible?
That is a good question on what I mean by better. I mean in our social, moral, and cognative development. In the 20th century the human race killed more people than any century in the past. We may be more technology advanced but we still don't love each other and in some instances we seem to be getting dumber and unwilling to think. We are hateful and treat each other as objects to be used. We are self-centered and we know that we have a problem but no amount of work we do will fix us. We are moraly corrupt.

Also that we may be on the same page what do you mean by evolution? So how are we evolving today? What mutation was benificial to our development? Which sex came first in our evolution? Did we develope a heart or brain first? How did we get the lungs we have?

Yes, I have read ALL of the bible. I've read additional books that were canon in other bibles too. I wasn't impressed as all of the books sound exactly like a ancient woo salesman pushing his con.

I noticed you skipped my first point in asking about your meeting with the ultimate magic man. Why did you skip that part? Is it because you really know that you didn't meet anybody and you just had a delusional mental episode?

I also noticed that you skipped over atheists going to hell..period.

As for the "betterment of mankind" you seem to have forgotten that the human population has exploded since  biblical times because of the development of scientific agriculture that definitely didn't come from god or the scriptures..BTW 

There were about 10 million humans alive at the time of the new testament stories. and 7 billion today. Even the war losses of WW2 are less in proportion to the Roman wars as a measure of war deaths per million. WW2 was a global war and the Roman wars were too local to be compared, as the losses of Asian and American of the time were not included.

Today's people are way more civil to each other, there is much less suffering. We are much better people now than at any biblical time.

You say we are more self centered now?? How many charities were there in the 1st century compared to now?
You may not have noticed but we don't enslave the poor or the vanquished anymore.. we became better than that through no help at all from your god.

As for your Evolution questions, those are simple elementary evolution basics that you could learn via any decent high school biology book.  I'll post you a couple of links to get you started.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB300.html
http://www.cassiopeiaproject.com/vid_cou...=Evolution
Find the cure for Fundementia!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Brakeman - August 2, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1306 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15002 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3461 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5389 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5819 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5293 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3788 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17627 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7073 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy