Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(July 7, 2015 at 7:55 pm)Chad32 Wrote:
(July 7, 2015 at 12:21 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: I will agree with you, you can study thought with science I was wrong. The reason you can do that is because you are in control. The reason you can't study God is because you don't control Him.
You can't prove my existence outside of science unless I agree to go where you want me to go or you come to me. I would have to submit to your wants or you would have to move towards me. God has made efforts to help you understand Him but you must come to Him. Also how do you know that your science is right in proving that  exist?
By what means are you using to test the Bible?
What do you mean when you say you submitted your life to Jesus?
By what means are you saying that system is corrupt?

A level of control doesn't have much to do with studying it. As long as you can observe something in a testable way, and show others, you can study it. People have been trying to study the bible, and the only result has been thousands of different denominations of the same religion. Some of which have killed over those interpretations.

I came as far as I could. I think you said he was patiently waiting for me to submit to him, but I have to know he's real before I can submit to him. I need to know he's real in a way that I can show other people indisputably, and we need to have some talks before I can willingly start worshiping him. If I would ever do that at all.

We test everything through science. Like I said, it's the best method we have. We study the universe, and the results we've found doesn't aree with the bible.

I mean that I was a Christian. I was raised that way, though we were liberal to moderate. not Fundies.

One sign that a system is corrupt is when the few are willing to let the majority suffer I the process of making themselves powerful. The whole reason people call Yahweh evil is that people who act like him are typically horrible people. They are not good for society at large.

If you come at the bible as if it were just words in a book then you can study it all day and not be changed. If you believe it is the word of God and that you need to submit your life to God then your life will change. See a Christian is not one by just word or works but there must be and understanding of your sin/disobedience to God then you must turn from your ways and accept that Jesus died for your sins and accept the new life that is available to you. Once you do that you enter into a relationship with Him. A Christian  personally knows God and His ways give us peace. Our lives are no longer centered on ourselves and what we think to be right but on the Truth.

By your world view we are just a bunch of atoms and some chemical reactions so how can you say that it is wrong for a few people to have power how can you make any moral statements?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - July 8, 2015 at 10:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15002 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3460 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5818 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5289 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3786 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17625 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7071 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy