Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here.
RE: Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here.
(January 10, 2016 at 2:05 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(January 10, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: You left out the 3rd idiot (I don't think atheists or theists are idiots, but mystic sure is)

MysticKnight: "I am so smart, I know I picked the right religion because my book says so, i deserve a cookie....mmmm so halal"

You don't realize it but people like you make Theists think badly of Atheists. If over all you guys would give a sincere humble compassionate approach, you would be respected more by Theists. I know some Atheists in real life, and they are not like this at all, so I don't think Atheists are the type to always throw insults.  In fact I've witnessed some of the more compassionate caring types and understanding to be Atheists.

But this attitude has to go for that to happen online too. If a Theist wonders how Atheists are like and he sees insults and what not, that's going to give him an impression. If the most person to be given kudos on the site is a person with most toxic attitude towards Theists, then what do you expect Theists to think? You want to mock and insult, that's up to you. It's your choice. But it makes you look weaker and not stronger.

Yes the Theist coming online shouldn't generalize his experience to people in general in real life, but it will happen.

If more people were like Whateverist here or Tiberius (and I can mention many more good names), then people would have a very good impression.

I know people say "Atheism" doesn't play any role in how the person acts because it simply is a lack of belief in God, but that's not how its going to give an impression and seem like to most people coming online to these forums.

Theists that come into OUR house, to try to change our poor deluded minds and save our poor deluded souls, are what make atheists respond to those pathetic, infantile, egotistical, disrespectful behaviors with scorn.  We're fine with theists until they try to preach.  Then the gloves NEED to come off.
Whenever a believer tries to prove to us that god exists, they are calling us STUPID.  When we say that we don't accept their reasons, they throw a temper tantrum.  
    Why?  Because they think that what we believe is their business.  Because they think that as soon as they present their brilliant arguments, we will automatically "see the light" and agree with them.  Then their beliefs will be vindicated.
   It doesn't work that way.  It will most likely never work that way.
   So why do we need to read more of your arguments and give them oh-so-proper worshipful acceptance, again?  Why are you here?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here. - by drfuzzy - January 10, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 476 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2072 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2065 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 12178 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 154416 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16906 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 13094 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3592 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1133 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Hug a Theist vulcanlogician 31 5672 December 23, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman