Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe.
RE: Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe.
(May 16, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: You keep saying such things, but the only thing you have backing them is your own rather fallible interpretation of your life history.  A history, I might add, that you have no compulsion from changing at whim.  I've documented in the past how your stories change with each telling.  You're selling a bill of goods which is half imagination and reinterpreted memory.  So don't play the old 'humble me' card.  That type of dissonance springs from deep desires, and yours have precious little to do with God.
then please.. Share some of these "changes." Or by changes do you mean I go into greater detail where before I might have said something like "I don't want to 'boast' about what he said specifically, but it all came true so far."

You wield the word 'change' as if it were used by me to intentionally lie about a given situation. This is the lie alpo. You may not like the fact that you and your friends being one step behind a guy who is not up to your standards, but you are going to have to deal with it. I do not shoot from the cuff, and as I told you our in our first go round on this subject, I do indeed have my "god encounters" written out shortly after they happened, and I reference them when I share them. One of the reasons I posted them was so they could be referenced on this website when ever my telling of them were called into question.

As I pointed out in my "messenger/message" thread I intentionally held back the details of the 'prophetic' sharing as to not 'brag.' At that time their was no call or need to delve into specifics of the prophesy as that thread was about the encounter itself and not prophesy. The situation here changed so I shared a little more.

Like it or not there was a whole lot more shared that I could see trumping several other arguments. That is, were to just share. But, without point or purpose would be just bragging, and I am seriously not that type of person.

(May 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Drich Wrote: -Or perhaps you do not understand what it means to be humble before God and yet boldly exclaim his message, His truth. We have been tasked to do this very thing. Did Jesus follow your version of Humility when he challenged the religious leaders of His day? Was He your version of Humble when He called them Snakes, vipers, fools, Hypocrits? Was He 'humbled' when he chased out the money changers with a cord of whips? Did He show humility when he taught the religious leaders as a Child on the temple steps?

Quote:Way to miss the point.  The point is that you construct the bible half out of your own imagination.  You claim that you experienced a hell that consisted of privation from God, and then later learned that this 'is what the bible teaches'.  There are multiple schools of thought on what exactly the bible teaches about hell.
Actually no. there is many schools of thought on Hell, but the bible only teaches one thing.

Quote: You simply chose the one which conformed to your prior belief.  Or would you like to provide chapter and verse to back up your interpretation.
Love to
Mt 25:41 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
2thess 1:9 9 They will suffer the punishment of peternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Does this however mean their isn't suffering involved in said separation? Not according to my experience. I have been burned on a large scale and I can honestly say it would be better to be burned forever by fire than be made to endure Hell fire for a finite amount of time.

Quote:The word the Bible uses to describe a burning hell—Gehenna—comes from an actual burning place, the valley of Gehenna adjacent to Jerusalem on the south. Gehenna is an English transliteration of the Greek form of an Aramaic word, which is derived from the Hebrew phrase “the Valley of (the son[s] of) Hinnom.” In one of their greatest apostasies, the Jews (especially under kings Ahaz and Manasseh) passed their children through the fires in sacrifice to the god Molech in that very valley (2 Kings 16:3; 2 Chronicles 33:6; Jeremiah 32:35). Eventually, the Jews considered that location to be ritually unclean (2 Kings 23:10), and they defiled it all the more by casting the bodies of criminals into its smoldering heaps. In Jesus’ time this was a place of constant fire, but more so, it was a refuse heap, the last stop for all items judged by men to be worthless.

http://www.gotquestions.org/fire-and-brimstone.html
Quote:The word Gehenna is that used for hell in the New Testament.  If hell was not meant to be likened to this burning refuse heap, then why is it used as the name of hell?
Because it was the closest thing 'we' could identify with. If you go beyond a google check Hell is also described
"the pit, The Second Death, The Void, it is also described as a prison containing 'Caves of Darkness'/Where the fallen angels are kept until the final judgement. The Idea of Gehenna was a place where things/unwanted things or even bodies were burned/destroyed. This is the physical picture of the Spiritual destruction of Soul, mind and body is what the physical place was meant for us to process or understand what happened on a spiritual level.

(May 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Drich Wrote: And if half that experience is falsified in the retelling, then what exactly are you selling?  You're selling your own egotistical revisioning of your life.  It's nothing more than empty evangelism.  You pick things from your life, dress them up, and parrot it back to those listening.
How is offering you a direct line to God about me in any way? I have repeatedly said what has happened to me, what I need to experienced to establish and maintain my belief/Not yours. I also repeatedly have said God is willing to do this for anyone/Provide them with exactly what they need to establish and maintain faith. I am not asking for anything, I not selling a specific brand of Christianity nor do i even set a mandate/rules. I want nothing from any of you. I only offer an opportunity to receive the 'proof' you all pretend to want. Again If I am selling anything, then What's in it for me? what am I getting in exchange for giving you what YOU Claim To Want?

(besides all that you guys need to coordinate your attacks, One of you claims I'm selling stuff and another claims I don't care about whether or not you 'buy' what I'm selling. that I am serving a tour of duty here and have been placed here against my will.) this is why I take none of the criticism I get here seriously. You people are all over the board, like you are desperately and frantically are just saying anything and everything you can to just shut me up because you can not address me topically, so you attack my motives/me personally.

Quote:This from the person who embellishes his anecdotes.  That's fucking funny.  You aren't in a position to say what is and isn't truth with respect to God.  You've only got your warped interpretation of the bible.  
You have yet to demonstrate an embellishment. What really funny is the slanderous way you have attacked me based on little more than your 'good word.' Which is obviously heavily influenced by your personal feelings. Or again are their links to said embellishments that I am not aware of?

(May 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Drich Wrote: Now Jesus. Point being there is strong biblical precedent to the way I work, even if it flys in the face of conventional traditional 'Christian' stereotypes. Which if those conventional methods worked with you guys none of us would be here, would we?
Quote:The haughty never find fault in themselves.
Please provide a citation outlining a fault. SHOW ME SOMETHING! Other than a personal festering anger you hold towards me and or God. Anything other than a constant stream of empty vollies of baseless attacks.
You made notes of lies and all my character flaws... Show us the notes. Or are they mental notes subject to the same "half imagination and reinterpreted memory" you claim I am working from?

(May 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Drich Wrote: Har har.  You're claiming to have the path to salvation.  That's a boastful claim when you can't even prove the truth of the bible which you claim to rest your belief upon.  Care to tell us why we should believe the bible at all, much less your version of it?
There is no should.. There is a reason to want to. It's simple truth. The bible provides directions to God. IF infact you wish to find God the truth contain in the bible will lead you to Him and help identify Him once you get to where you are going.
Quote:I've pointed out errors in your exegesis in the past.
You've pointed to a misquote (I quoted from strong's and said it was from the bullingers) and I believe you corrected some incorrect information I cited from some other internet source concerning the use of Hebrew verbage. Everything else you 'correct' was subsequently recorrect and sent back to you, until you dropped the topic for whatever reason. I can indeed admit when I am wrong. Which happens most frequently when I draw from my memory rather than a fresh look up or my previous notes.

Truthfully since the two times you pointed to me being wrong, how many times do you think I do not double and tripple check what I say to you or know you will be reading?
The reason I am over confident in what I say and 'can't' admit when you think I am wrong, is because I am not. I do my due diligence and I do carefully manage what I say despite your personal assessment.

Quote: Your Genesis day 3 being a prime example.  You are so blinded by your own confidence in your version that you completely ignored what was plainly written in the text.  It's like you're in a frenzy in which the only words you hear are your own.  Don't bother protesting if you're incapable of actually examining the evidence.  
Please this is what I am looking for. What of genesis day 3 did i say that is wrong?

Quote:I've done that in the past.  You get to a point where you're in a trance of some sort and keep repeating your previous answers, even after they've been shown to be wrong.  You are constitutionally incapable of accepting correction, so what would be the point in taking you on topically?
But again, when I am wrong I admit to it. Have done several times.

Quote:As if.  I've already explained why talking to you about what is in the bible is pointless.  But if you really want to go that route, show that, biblically, hell is not a place of corporeal suffering.
What are you talking about?!?! when did I say Is not a place of suffering?
http://atheistforums.org/thread-15622.html
Drich/hell thread Wrote:I remember falling into a black nothingness, as I traveled away from the light I felt myself being consumed by this Black almost like Hot tar. It was not fire but it invoked the same response as being burned. The panic and hysteria of being consumed lit every nerve ending as if it was being burned by the hottest flame. I could see nothing but heard a great yelling and many many groans of pain from every direction, But only bearly because of my own groans, and screams. (Through all of that I had a sense that these laments were not all human.) All the while falling and being in a great state of panic and pain. Fire, panic and pain are not even strong enough words to describe the intensity of the experience.

Looks like your 'understanding about what I teach concerning hell' is yet Another example of 'Someone selling a bill of goods which is half imagination and reinterpreted memory, which SHE has no problem changing at a whim' to fit a personal festering anger towards me and my work here in the name of God..

But that is ok, when you do it huh? Or is this where you get to admit where you are wrong?

(May 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Drich Wrote: IDK I seem to be swabbing the deck with the one making those charges.

Quote:Nope, no ego there.  How exactly are you swabbing the deck except in your own fevered imagination?
The Claim was made by the OP that I fall into her category of a bias similar to your own assessment. I do not. She outlined parameters that fosters her version of bias, a bias that I nor my situation qualify. Then she defaults to a ya-huh/nut-huh argument in attempt to shoe horn me into her own bias. (that bias being all Christian belief follows her outlined pattern) Once her bias has been established/by me demonstrating I do not fit her pattern yet retain belief in God, then she can be disqualified for identifying it in others, citing her own bias. Hence swabbing the deck/mopping the floor with her. My identification of swabbing the deck was not a brag, but a warning not to go down that fault chain of logic for the same reason she failed. It was not meant as a look what I did, but more like a dog barking/don't go there.

Quote:Patiently waiting for you to demonstrate that what is written of in the bible is truth.  Until you do, the only backing you have for the truth of A/S/K is your own revisionist history.  By the way, why do you abbreviate it as A/S/K when the order of events in the story is SEEK, then KNOCK, then ASK?
Again proof is not mine to Give. It comes in the way of the Holy Spirit/Being in direct contact with the Holy Spirit.
What better 'proof' of God is there than being placed before God?

luke 11:
9 So I tell you, continue to ask, and God will give to you. Continue to search, and you will find. Continue to knock, and the door will open for you. 10 Yes, whoever continues to ask will receive. Whoever continues to look will find. And whoever continues to knock will have the door opened for them.

The first is ASK
Second is SEEK
Lastly we are told to KNOCK
A-S-K

Quote:Matter of fact, Jesus doesn't even mention 'knocking' in the parable.  Only that by being a pest you will get what you have sought.  
which is what He identified as Knocking as the explaination of the parable is still apart of the contextual telling of parable.

Quote:5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[a] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

Luke 11:5-13

Quote:Check your martyr card at the door.  The path you are walking down is filled with self-deceit.  There's good reason you should be opposed.  You know only the Siren's song.  Your path is not what you are advertising here.  Your 'path', such as it is, exists only in your imagination.  I debate with you also to show others your flaws, of which you are wholly ignorant.
I am completely aware of my flaws, as I have been given many thorns in the flesh as reminders of them. However. What you have Identified are not flaws. They are obsticals for you to over come. Obsticals you have failed to overcome contextually/topically (as you fail to even represent my position correctly in your strawman attempt to label me and my various positions) and have lazily confronted me with what you don't like about me personally in an effort to remove what you have failed to topically address.

You want to address me topically I will go as long as your willing to respond.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe. - by Drich - May 17, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 24099 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1419 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why you all need others, to believe? LastPoet 24 3863 December 26, 2019 at 10:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2559 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 85252 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7912 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10226 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Don't you just love the hypocrisy of religion. ignoramus 86 22271 July 16, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 101622 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22479 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic