Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis
(August 6, 2017 at 10:57 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(August 6, 2017 at 9:33 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I'll probably regret this but could you give us your dissertation on the "I"?

It is pretty obvious that atheists find very very hard to understand something so simple.
Most atheists believe that we are here in this world with our knowledge and consciousness thanks to previous generations or better say thanks to the evolution of the species.
That is garbage that unfortunately grip the mind of most atheists.
Life teach us that that is not possible.
Nobody give you something for free.
Even a pedo that give lollies to a kid does that for a reason.
If we got something it is obvious that we earn it in this or in previous lives and everything that we have to endure is a consequence or result of previous actions in this or in previous lives.
This is not only karma but also science.
Doesn't science teach that every action has an equal and opposite reaction?
So who is responsible for the actions other than us.
Us is the I.
The I is our consciousness.
An earthquake or any other calamity is not our own creation.
We are not responsible for it.
If we die because of it our karma does not alter, activated and produce any further bad reaction.
Bad reactions are only due to our previous actions so if we die under the rubble of an earthquake it is because of our previous bad actions.

Wow, that was full of scientiness.  I do find simple things hard to understand, you being one of them.

(August 7, 2017 at 5:08 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(August 6, 2017 at 12:39 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: That's some mighty fine word salad woo. No wonder we have issues not understanding, most people would, atheist or not.

I understood one sentence: "Doesn't science teach that every action has an equal and opposite reaction?" The rest, I can pull the words out and understand them individually but the way you mash them up together, well, it's dribble. 

Sounds to me like you have the mind of a child.

I am sure a child would understand what I said.

And guess why?
Because the mind of a child is free from dogmas unlike an atheist which mind is saturated with countless dogmas.  Banging Head On Desk
As simple as that.  Shy

If you can't count them, how do you know?

(August 7, 2017 at 12:47 pm)Dropship Wrote: Interestingly when he came out of the tomb, Mary wanted to give him a big hug but he said "Don't touch me, because I've not yet ascended to the Father".
One interpretation of that is that he was a ghost and she'd have been freaked when her arms went through him.
Later of course, he beamed back down to earth in a brandnew fleshy body, that's when he said to Thomas "See, I'm as solid as you".
We can therefore speculate that our bodies are "spacesuits" that our souls are in, to enable us to get around on this planet.
Oops sorry was I rambling?..Smile

Maybe YOU can speculate that, but it's insulting to expect others to do so.

And, yes, you always are.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

Messages In This Thread
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis - by Harry Nevis - August 7, 2017 at 12:50 pm
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis - by Lek - August 1, 2017 at 6:20 pm
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis - by drfuzzy - August 13, 2017 at 12:44 pm
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis - by drfuzzy - August 10, 2017 at 10:56 am
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis - by drfuzzy - August 11, 2017 at 10:05 am
RE: Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis - by drfuzzy - August 11, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1906 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 50603 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5220 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Trick Yourself Into Believing In God LivingNumbers6.626 10 2487 July 21, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  why are people believing in god again?? Rextos 8 2370 January 12, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: TrueChristian
  Psychosis - another reason to be anti-theist watchamadoodle 34 12560 May 9, 2015 at 5:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  "Love is believing in someone. " Mudhammam 15 4319 December 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Atheism is a form of religion... Mudhammam 35 8341 October 20, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  What is your strongest reason for believing atheism is true? ShinobiAtheist 87 30405 June 19, 2014 at 8:44 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Atheism is a form of Autism! Mystical 21 7298 October 9, 2013 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Angrboda